PDA

View Full Version : Oatmeal

rrich49132
08-14-2006, 12:43 PM
I have heard all the great things about oatmeal and want to make sure I am eating the right kind. I have been eating Beark Naked which is all natural with the following ingredients:

whole grain oats
evaporated cane juice
whole grain flax meal
strawberries
blueberries
rasperries
natural flavors
sea salt
cinnamon

It is 160 calories with #g of fat, 28G carbs, 4g Fiber, 11G sugar and 5G or protein.

Does this have to much sugar and should I go to the very basic Quaker in the big tub that has nothing but oats? This sure is good and being all natural I hope this is OK and I am not loading up on natural cinnamon which might be bad?

-Ray

getfit
08-14-2006, 12:45 PM
why not just buy plain ol' oats and add what you like, i buy oats in bulk.

TwiloMike
08-14-2006, 12:48 PM
why not just buy plain ol' oats and add what you like, i buy oats in bulk.
+++ Stop the processed stuff. Buy real oats, they take about 3 minutes to make, add whatever fruit you want, keep it fresh, and you will do far better than store-bought stuff with unnecessary additives. It's also cheaper to do it yourself.

Unreal
08-14-2006, 01:17 PM
I buy a 6lb box from costco. Dump the bags into old protein containers jugs and dispense as needed. I think it is about $6 for a box. Cheap, easy, and tasty. Before workout I have 1 cup with a scoop of protein and then the same post workout.

rrich49132
08-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys as I have a Costco out here and will check it out over the weekend. I know some of the oatmeal out there is horrible with tons of sugar thought that the brand I had was OK as it was all natural and tasted good.

VikingWarlord
08-14-2006, 05:11 PM
+++ Stop the processed stuff. Buy real oats, they take about 3 minutes to make, add whatever fruit you want, keep it fresh, and you will do far better than store-bought stuff with unnecessary additives. It's also cheaper to do it yourself.

3 minutes might be a bit too long. ;)