PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Nitrean

rrich49132
08-14-2006, 02:46 PM
It seems everwhere I look on this forum I keep hearing about Nitrean. There are tons of protein whey products out that are very cheap and low in carbs just want to know whay everyone seems to be on the Nitrean bandwagon? Forgive me if I am missing something as I am on EAS Whey that is cheap and will switch if there is a good reason.

Eszekial
08-14-2006, 02:54 PM
I was using ON Whey, which seems to be one of the best selling brands... It was good for it's purposes....

But then i stumbeled upon nitrean. It's a blend, which is good. Secondly, purchasing it supports this great website, which is also good. Thirdly, you literally DO NOT NEED to blend this stuff to stomach it. If i didn't blend On Whey, i choked and died before i could get the stuff down. And i absolutely COULD NOT stomach with water... Nitrean + water goes down extremely easy.

To me at least, the stuff is just a superior product. Well worth it.

And last but not least, At Large has amazing customer support. Had a snafu with my credit card, received a call and it was cleared up that afternoon. Well after work hours..

Oh yeah, and everybody loves the little Love Notes that they write you with each order :D

Unreal
08-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Nitrean isn't just whey. It is a blend of whey, egg, casein. This gives you a great bioavailability and better amino acid release over time. It mixes both faster digesting whey with the slower types of protein. It also mixes and taste better then any other I've tried. I've used EAS whey and there is no comparison. The only thing I've found that is close is ON procomplex but it isn't as good and more expensive.

KingWilder
08-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I was using ON Whey, which seems to be one of the best selling brands... It was good for it's purposes....

But then i stumbeled upon nitrean. It's a blend, which is good. Secondly, purchasing it supports this great website, which is also good. Thirdly, you literally DO NOT NEED to blend this stuff to stomach it. If i didn't blend On Whey, i choked and died before i could get the stuff down. And i absolutely COULD NOT stomach with water... Nitrean + water goes down extremely easy.

To me at least, the stuff is just a superior product. Well worth it.

And last but not least, At Large has amazing customer support. Had a snafu with my credit card, received a call and it was cleared up that afternoon. Well after work hours..

Oh yeah, and everybody loves the little Love Notes that they write you with each order :D

:withstupi

couldn't have said it better myself

ddegroff
08-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Zek nailed it!

t's a blend, which is good. Secondly, purchasing it supports this great website, which is also good. Thirdly, you literally DO NOT NEED to blend this stuff to stomach it. If i didn't blend On Whey, i choked and died before i could get the stuff down. And i absolutely COULD NOT stomach with water... Nitrean + water goes down extremely easy.

Main three reasons I switched.

Jordanbcool
08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Same

rrich49132
08-14-2006, 06:27 PM
thanks all I will order one and give it a go and post my thoughts.

Mercuryblade
08-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Good Company, Good Product, Good Prices. Enough said.

But seriously, I have yet to find a whey product as cheap as theirs that actually is tolerable when mixed with water.

Anthony
08-15-2006, 05:46 AM
Well, the main reasons I use Nitrean are:

1) tastes friggin awesome
2) superior product (nitrean is a blend with great ratios)
3) price is great (compare nitrean with other blends and you'll see what I mean. Hell, even when compared to whey only, it's very competitive)
4) it supports this forum.

c3p
08-15-2006, 04:18 PM
I ordered Nitrean about 3 weeks ago, and I can say I have already noticed a little change in my body. Very nice product.

rrich49132
08-15-2006, 04:23 PM
I have been using EAS whey and the taste is not that bad and the price is very good.

leveque
08-15-2006, 05:02 PM
I have been using EAS whey and the taste is not that bad and the price is very good.

I take Nitrean with Milk as a bedtime snack. Good stuff. However, for pre-workout I like a non-chocolatey/milky whey drink.

I'm a big fan of Optimum Nutrition, but I may have to give EAS a try in the future.

SoloScott
08-15-2006, 09:56 PM

I use ON Whey protein and have absolutely NO problem with the taste, so taste is not a factor for me.
Is the blend that good, that it will make a real difference? What if I just had ONE more egg per day? ;)

The price is quite a bit higher than whey-only protein. I paid $47 for 10 pounds of ON; Nitrean is $68 for less-than 10 pounds.

I do not have a problem spending the extra money, if there would really be a difference in a year or so. What do the experts think?

DumbellDude
08-15-2006, 10:09 PM
I liked the idea that Nitrean is a mix of proteins => higher release/absorption over a longer period of time, thus higher bioavailability. I never used other whey proteins before, so I can't make comparisons.

I received my order yesterday (with the little love note, as Eszekial pointed out). I mixed it in cold 2% milk using a spoon - very easy to disolve, no need of a blender. The (chocolate) taste is great. I like the idea that AtLarge supports WBB.

j25
08-15-2006, 10:19 PM
I checked into their website, and the prices are certainly reasonable. From the descriiptions and the reviews it really seems like a great product!

Does anyone know if it can be purchased locally, or do you have to buy online?

ehscrewdude
08-15-2006, 10:31 PM

natediesel
08-16-2006, 01:59 AM
Anyone have much trouble digesting this? And I guess to support the forum by buying it, one simply follows the link above? Nothing else special to do...

leveque
08-16-2006, 05:36 AM
Anyone have much trouble digesting this? And I guess to support the forum by buying it, one simply follows the link above? Nothing else special to do...

I'm not going to say that it's the best tasting protein powder ever, but it's still pretty good (I only like it with milk though). You won't have trouble digesting it.

And yes, just follow the link at the top.

ehscrewdude
08-16-2006, 05:03 PM
The first night I had the mad ****s but after that I was fine...