PDA

View Full Version : Bulking = endurance sport?

mikej
08-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Gang,

Today is my first day of my first ever bulk, although I did "ramp up" from my usual diet the last 3 or 4 days to get here. If I make all my meals today (check out my fitday to see the plan) I'll have over 3600+ cals for the day.

My question is- does this get any easier? I feel like I've been eating and eating and eating all day, and I still have a LOT to eat before I'm done? My stomach hurts! If I'm just getting used to it, and this gets easier, then fine. If I need to prepare myself for weeks of full stomach pain please tell me so!

Also, please post some stories about what it feels like to bulk. My mood has been different today. I feel... well... weird. But good, like I'm about to take off or something. What have your experiences been like?

OK... enough typing. Time to eat.

malkore
08-15-2006, 09:54 AM
it does get easier, but expect it to take another week or so. lift like a mad man, and get plenty of water AND fiber. both will be important in moving food through the digestive system in a timely manner.

mikej
08-15-2006, 09:57 AM
it does get easier, but expect it to take another week or so. lift like a mad man, and get plenty of water AND fiber. both will be important in moving food through the digestive system in a timely manner.

Thanks for the reassurance. My guts hate me right now!

Speaking of "lift like a mad man", my routine right now is to lift 4 days a week. Do I need to take that up a bit, or just fire up the intensity on that schedule?

Eszekial
08-15-2006, 09:58 AM
4 days is plenty.