PDA

View Full Version : Cardio Question...

UnknownSoldier
08-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Ok, so today, when I was at the gym I decided to measure my bodyfat to see how my cutting is progressing. The manager of the gym starting trying to get my signed up for a trainer. He mentioned something that got me wondering. He said at my weight and and bf% that uphill walking is better then say HIIT. He says that if my heartrate is to fast or to slow i will not burn as much calories. Anything relatively true here?

Built
08-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Diet. Get that down, lift heavy, and cardio becomes a small add-on, good for heart health.

UnknownSoldier
08-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Well, I know that ;D... You thought it to me before. But i was curious does a certain heartrate burn fat faster than an greatly elevated//slow heartrate.

Built
08-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Yep. You'll burn proportionally more fat with SS than with HIIT.

But with HIIT you'll burn more calories overall, increase EPOC and avoid one of the pitfalls of SS cardio: fast-twitch muscles acting as slow-twitch analogues.

Anthony
08-15-2006, 05:28 AM
:withstupi

You may need to start with low impact/low intensity activity before moving to HIIT, but ultimately HIIT should be your goal.

Built posted an article by Alwyn Cosgrove that covers a lot of misconceptions about cardio and aerobic training. It was excellent. Poke around and give it a read.

UnknownSoldier
08-15-2006, 10:06 AM
ahhh thank you. I am not considering cardio.. I just was curious is that true. I'm loosing a pound and a half a week with my current cut which has no cardio.

Eszekial
08-15-2006, 10:28 AM
The fat burning zone is a myth.

I lost 25 of lbs on 0 cardio.

Alas, it may now be the time to include more HIT and SS.