PDA

View Full Version : Pasta and plain Sauce is boring to eat

SkinnySadMan
08-15-2006, 03:28 PM
How do you guys cook your pasta? I stopped eating it. I used to just eat it boiled and then put some of that Ragu sauce in it. Want to start eating it again for variety.

What do you guys add to your pasta meals?

I was thinking of adding some bacon pieces in it (easy +200 cals there...not worried about clean eating), .... .. . . .. . and I ran out of ideas already.

I am not sure how to cook lasanga, so I must stick with the easy to cook meals.

KingWilder
08-15-2006, 03:34 PM
meat?

I'll usually add veggies and some kind of meat (steak or chicken)

my fav. is WW spaghetti (Barilla brand), squash, zucchini, steak, and Marinara sauce (Bertolli brand)

ShockBoxer
08-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Definitely meat! A chicken breast or some ground beef, some ragu sauce, a little cheese.

kad
08-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Maybe some garlic or green onions, seasoning salt, etc?

getfit
08-15-2006, 05:05 PM
meat?

I'll usually add veggies and some kind of meat (steak or chicken)

my fav. is WW spaghetti (Barilla brand), squash, zucchini, steak, and Marinara sauce (Bertolli brand)
the second one is how i like it and mushrooms no steak though,I'm vegetarian.

ShockBoxer
08-15-2006, 05:10 PM
If you spoil yourself and get a portobello mushroom it practically IS steak :drooling:

KingWilder
08-15-2006, 05:31 PM
mmmm portobello

I like sh!take too

EDIT: hahaha...that just got edited as ****ake

getfit
08-15-2006, 05:31 PM
If you spoil yourself and get a portobello mushroom it practically IS steak :drooling:
true :)

teaturtle
08-15-2006, 06:31 PM
I usually add veggie crumbles (this fake meat you can buy frozen), asparagus, mushrooms, green peppers, and Bertolli pasta sauce. yum.

HahnB
08-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Don't use ragu, get a decent sauce. I like to cook my sauce with peppers and basil. I eat the pasta with bread and butter, meatballs, whatever I'm in the mood for.

teaturtle
08-15-2006, 06:49 PM
What's a decent sauce?? I dont understandd..

HahnB
08-15-2006, 06:51 PM
What's a decent sauce?? I dont understandd..

Go to a grocery store with a huge selection and everytime you go get something different, you'll find one you like a lot more than ragu I promise. I usually eat my grandmas homemade that was a family recipe my great grandma used in italy. So good, but I can't have it all the time so I've found some decent ones at the store. If you have an italian store around go there.

ScroogeSF
08-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Balsamic Vinaigrette on pasta is pretty good too. That's what I've been doing (with broccoli and spinach). I don't like the smell of pasta sauce much.

KingWilder
08-15-2006, 07:18 PM
The best sauce I have found is Bertolli's brand...it actually won best taste award from a panel of chefs.

teaturtle
08-15-2006, 07:48 PM
^ I agree.

Teufelhund
08-15-2006, 07:53 PM
add browned ground turkey italian sausage

gator
08-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Making your own sauce really isn't that hard, just make it right before you cook your pasta and when your pasta is done so is your sauce. My dad taught me how to cook a bunch of stuff today and now i can't even think about eating that ragu sauce again.

Red sauce: tomato paste, diced onions green peppers, sliced mushrooms, basil, salt pepper, and find an italian seasoning and you can just play with the ingrediants and find something you really like.

Tsuki No Neko
08-16-2006, 09:31 PM
I make my own delicious garlic type sauce. It's not a thick sauce, but plenty of flavour! If you LOVE garlic, be sure to try this sometime:

Sautee in a pan:
1 bulb of pressed or minced fresh garlic
1 tablespoon of butter/margerine
2-3 tablespoons of Pick-a-Peppa sauce
A few shakes of Tabasco sauce
A few shakes of salt and pepper
A few shakes of ground mustard

When that's cooked and mixed well, I mix it in with the pasta (I use thin spaghetti). I then mix in a little extra Pick-a-Peppa, Tabasco and salt and pepper. Then you add in some basil and oregano, and lastly, parmesan cheese! I also add a little colby jack or mozzarella too, because I love cheese. :D

Not for the feint of heart though! This is a LOT of garlic. :D Clears the sinuses. You'll also be smelling it for days. But if you like garlic, this is a winner.