PDA

View Full Version : What should I be doing?

ShadyRensch
08-15-2006, 10:57 PM
I've come to a point where I realize I've been cutting for way too long. I've had success but for much it was done incorrectly. I weigh 195 and am 6 feet tall. I have a decent amount of muscle and a little fat. I've come down about 100 pounds in two years.

The thing is I don't really want to bulk because flat out I don't want to be huge I just want an athletic body with nice abs and a toned upperbody.

Also I love to run 3-5 times a week and I know that would hamper bulking. Right now my metabolism is pretty much non-existent, and I was wondering how many cals to take in at my weight planning on 4 days lifting with 3-4 days cardio.

I've been eating betwen 2000-2300 cals the past 8 months or so, if I went to like 2500 cals, then to 2600, 2700 and so on, would this rev up my metabolism enough to burn the fat I have left, and possibly put some muscle on since I've been dieting for so long? Or would doing a short bulk with cardio as well, then cutting be better?

ShockBoxer
08-16-2006, 04:26 AM
I've been doing this for a few weeks and I'm seeing great results:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=852155

I killed a lot of previous PRs during the week 3 maximum effort and can feel a difference in overall body composition. I think it's worth a read if you want to change things up and are sick of both drastic dieting and heavy bulking.