PDA

View Full Version : How would this work?

w8lifter
01-31-2002, 06:43 PM
Ok, if a person is cutting, they wanna keep insulin levels steady right? How do you think the following diet would work in terms of fat loss and muscle maintenance?

Monday -

w8 training

diet - 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat

Tuesday -

cardio

diet - 50% protein, 15% carbs, 35% fat

Wednesday - same as monday

Thursday - same as tues.

Friday - same as mon.

SAT & Sun - same as tues.

I know you wouldn't achieve ketosis w/ that....but your insulin responses would be a lot steadier for longer periods of time...would this help w/ fat loss better than just staying at 50/30/20?

syntekz
01-31-2002, 06:45 PM
I don't think that percentages are what needs to be looked at, but instead the types of foods... and timing.

01-31-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by w8lifter
Ok, if a person is cutting, they wanna keep insulin levels steady right? How do you think the following diet would work in terms of fat loss and muscle maintenance?

Monday -

w8 training

diet - 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat

Tuesday -

cardio

diet - 50% protein, 15% carbs, 35% fat

Wednesday - same as monday

Thursday - same as tues.

Friday - same as mon.

SAT & Sun - same as tues.

I know you wouldn't achieve ketosis w/ that....but your insulin responses would be a lot steadier for longer periods of time...would this help w/ fat loss better than just staying at 50/30/20?

I've followed a diet similar to that and achieved great results.
Take your only carbs pre and post workout.

Give us a sample of the menu if u want.

MonStar1023
01-31-2002, 08:22 PM
Which diet did you do that was similar? I am curious what the details are...

:cool::cool:

w8lifter
01-31-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by syntekz
I don't think that percentages are what needs to be looked at, but instead the types of foods... and timing.

We can't just assume I know what foods to take, since I'm too lazy to type it all out? :D

In a nutshell, it would be your basic pre-comp clean diet

Protein: chicken breast, egg whites, albacore tuna, ff cottage cheese till 6 weeks out

fat: natty p/b, almonds, olive oil

carbs: sweet potato, brown rice, oats, veggies

On carb days, complex carbs would be taken mostly in the morning, except for some after my workout, veggies & fat the rest of the meals

On fat days, carbs would come from veggies, almonds/p/b & cottage cheese.