PDA

View Full Version : How do I look?

teaturtle
08-16-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm on a slow bulk at the moment and have been doing the WBB1 Routine since the beginning of August. My main focus is to gain muscle, but I'd like opinions on whether I should do a clean,slow bulk or something else? I'm 5'7.5" 135 lbs.

TwiloMike
08-16-2006, 12:29 PM
There is a picture forum precisely for this sort of question.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

RickTheDestroyer
08-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Damn. I need to stop assuming everyone on this forum is male when I open pic threads. I see 5'7.5" and 135 and I'm preparing to answer the question with something smartassed like "hungry".
When you started on WBB1, is that when you started lifting in general, or just with that split? After personally having done pretty big bulks and wallowing in the misery of cutting, I'm pretty disinclined to recommend anything other than slow clean bulks to most people. If you're still pretty new to the game then you shouldn't have to worry much about fat gain if you're bulking slow. That'd be my recommendation.

MixmasterNash
08-16-2006, 01:14 PM
My initial solution for many females: lift weights, replace a few hundred calories a day of carbs with good protein. Viola! Body recomp! If that doesn't work, you can drill down into the diet specifics.

The original poster should continue WBB1 for a couple of months, and probably try to keep the calories fairly consistent.

Edit: Just "carbs."

teaturtle
08-16-2006, 01:47 PM
I started lifting in general in July. But I changed to WBB1.

Mixmaster- I eat a lot of carbs, but I'm trying ot get in more protein. I uusally get around 250-400g of carbs. Too much?

Built
08-16-2006, 06:19 PM
That sounds high to me, but carb tolerance is very individual.

You've got a pretty body to start with - you'll only get better as you progress with this. :)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Well you already look great, so it'll be cool to see your progress. Just stay dedicated and don't give up. :)

I would suggest a clean, slow bulk for you. I wouldn't ever recommned a huge bulk for a female...but that's just me.

bloodninja
08-16-2006, 07:28 PM
You look like a girl I would be too scared to hit on. So you're doing good.

Another vote for a clean, slow bulk here also. It's hard enough to convince a guy to pack on the jelly...I can't imagine many females would want to do it, either.

Built
08-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Not just you, sCaRz - I'll never bulk to over 140 again. The bang for buck ratio just isn't there.

MixmasterNash
08-17-2006, 09:25 AM
I started lifting in general in July. But I changed to WBB1.

Mixmaster- I eat a lot of carbs, but I'm trying ot get in more protein. I uusally get around 250-400g of carbs. Too much?

Your body shape is quite... appealing, so you're obviously not radically overdoing it on carbs. Carbs and protein have basically exactly the same amount of cals per gram, but they have different effects on energy, body comp., etc. Throw in weight lifting, and the differences can be even more dramatic.

This is why I recommend just swapping out, say 200 cals of carbs for 200cals of protein at first. No need for singificant changes at this point.

Davidelmo
08-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Whether or not you do a bulk is up to you really. You're already leaner than average and look really good. If you want a little more muscle as you said you do, then a long slow clean bulk is in order.

Davidelmo
08-17-2006, 10:53 AM
My initial solution for many females: lift weights, replace a few hundred calories a day of carbs with good protein. Viola! Body recomp! If that doesn't work, you can drill down into the diet specifics.

The original poster should continue WBB1 for a couple of months, and probably try to keep the calories fairly consistent.

Edit: Just "carbs."

Yeah, I agree. My g.f did this and the results were brill. She used to eat complete crap. I altered her diet only a tiny bit (ie cut out a lot of the sweets etc and replaced them with chocolate protein shakes.) She is really slim, 5ft4, 105lbs and just this change plus following WBB1 had some pretty good results!

JoeG
08-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Damn. I need to stop assuming everyone on this forum is male when I open pic threads. I see 5'7.5" and 135 and I'm preparing to answer the question with something smartassed like "hungry".
When you started on WBB1, is that when you started lifting in general, or just with that split? After personally having done pretty big bulks and wallowing in the misery of cutting, I'm pretty disinclined to recommend anything other than slow clean bulks to most people. If you're still pretty new to the game then you shouldn't have to worry much about fat gain if you're bulking slow. That'd be my recommendation.

Lol yeah me too. I saw 5'7.5" and 135lbs and I thought "Good god, stop whatever you are doing and go to a buffet."

From the looks of it you should be in a good place for Body Recomp. Staying on WBB1 and slightly altering your diet should produce good results. You have a good foundation to begin with.

teaturtle
08-18-2006, 01:39 PM
thanks. im not trying to get lean and toned. i actually want some muscle. :) so a slow, clean bulk sounds good im guessing.

also its really hard for me to get in a lot of protein. its hard getting in 100g...so i dunno, what are some good foods high in protein??

bloodninja
08-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Any meat or poultry, fish, dairy...

Aim for close to 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.

Then there's always the protein shakes. Double scoop it each time you have one and that should be at least 50g at a time. Do that twice a day and you're already at 100g without any solid food.

RickTheDestroyer
08-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Protein shakes are your friend, especially with the whole vegetarian thing.

thoughtshewas18
08-18-2006, 04:27 PM
you look great, keep us updated, ide lovew to see how u progress

teaturtle
08-18-2006, 04:36 PM

ehscrewdude
08-19-2006, 12:30 AM
lookin good... slow clean bulk...