PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Calories

Darcy Tucker
08-16-2006, 12:44 PM
As you probably know I have been cutting. Since May 9th I have gone from 200 lbs to 180 lbs. I have just under 160lbs of lean tissue. I've been eating 2000 calories for a few weeks now and my fat loss has stalled. First of all I don't even think I should be eating this few calories by first glance but I'm not overly hungry and it was working. Can I go to 1900 calories then to 1800 calories or is this way too low? I'm very confused.

malkore
08-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Well, I'm sitting at about 190lbs, and roughly 150lbs of lean mass (depends on which bodyfat measurement I wanna believe ;)

And I'm at about 2,000cals a day right now. I'm not losing fast, but I've been out of the gym for so long, that my consistency lately and diet appears to be letting me put on a little lean mass while shedding a little fat. I'm following Berardi's theories on what I eat, 3x a week full body workouts, low reps to hold onto muscle mass. 4-5 sets.

I'm not sure how we compare in height or bodyfat, it sounds like you might be a little shorter and more built than myself.
if you do cut cals, I would try 1900 for a week and see what happens. be sure to use weight and bodyfat testing to ensure its fat, nto muscle, being lost.

Darcy Tucker
08-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the reply. We'll see what happens. This cutting is treacherous..hehe

ddegroff
08-16-2006, 02:22 PM
I would up your activity, add some HIIT or some variation. See how the weight loss changes, then adjust from there.