PDA

View Full Version : fitday

Spourk
08-16-2006, 05:24 PM
anyone have trouble getting motivated in the beginning to measure all there food and load it all on fitday?? Or is it just me?

PhilsterT
08-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Fitday's the hardest for the first little while. Just stick with it. If you know all your foods that you will be eating just spend a solid chunk of time and load everything into the system. After you get that done you should be solid.

Ricochet_kid
08-16-2006, 05:53 PM
:withstupi
Once you get your most common foods loaded in there, it gets alot easier.

Also, another thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn't have to go haywire measuring everything. It is an estimation at best anyway, as long as you give an HONEST and CONSISTENT guess about the contents and quantities of your food you'll be ok. Don't stress and nitpick over the little things or it will be so laborious that you won't last.

It's with consistency that you are most successful on fitday.

My workout partner has lost over 35pounds so far since he stopped using gimmicky expensive weightloss supplements, and started using (and sticking to) fitday.

Spourk
08-16-2006, 06:00 PM
hmm i see thnx , so the best way you think is to add my foods in as custom?? or?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-16-2006, 06:02 PM
99% of what I eat is from the foods I entered myself. It makes things so much easier.

VikingWarlord
08-16-2006, 06:07 PM
I used it for a while, but got sick of having to enter things myself so I just ballpark it. Plan things out pretty well and don't have much trouble with keeping myself under control.

Hell, even writing things out on a pad of paper takes about the same time as searching through FitDay for stuff.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-16-2006, 06:08 PM
There's nothing wrong with using paper and pen.

Ricochet_kid
08-16-2006, 06:15 PM
hmm i see thnx , so the best way you think is to add my foods in as custom?? or?

Yeah, I always add my most common foods in as custom, but even after you select foods that are not custom they are in your recent list, and are much easier to find.

When I'm cutting I usually have a pretty consistent eating regimen anyways so it's not that hard to keep track of.

Ricochet_kid
08-16-2006, 06:17 PM
There's nothing wrong with using paper and pen.

sCarz ---> that's a great Avatar, I think 10 minutes just passed while I was in a trance staring at it.

wdjuqi
08-16-2006, 07:23 PM
I just don't like FitDay. I think it's really over-rated, to be honest.

Does it take that much time to use a pen and paper?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Does it take that much time to use a pen and paper?It takes like a minute to plug things into FitDay. I don't see the problem. And no, there is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping a nutrition journal. Pen and paper works.