PDA

View Full Version : GoLean Oatmeal

PhilsterT
08-16-2006, 05:25 PM
I sware, this stuff looks like gold (7g of fiber, 15 grams of protein, low cals...), but everytime I have eaten it I have goten the runs. What's up with that? I was going to start using it as post-work-out carbs with creatine and nitrean, but I do not get why I get the runs from this product. At first, I thought maybe it was because I was just putting in boiling water (not cooking it), but I started cooking it as well (when I read the instructions) and that did nothing. Anyone else try this?

getfit
08-16-2006, 05:32 PM
if it gives you the runs then stop using it,honestly i've never heard of the product.

PhilsterT
08-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I am going to stop using it. I was just wondering if it had something to do with the preparation. I've eaten it about 5 times in the past month, so really not that often. I thought the first few times were coincidental, but eh. :confused:

getfit
08-16-2006, 05:54 PM
just buy plain ol' oats, i'm sure it's cheaper then GoLean.

PhilsterT
08-16-2006, 06:11 PM
I've never been able to stomach oats. What's the best way to get over this?

getfit
08-16-2006, 06:24 PM
I've never been able to stomach oats. What's the best way to get over this?
why can't you stomach oats?

PhilsterT
08-16-2006, 06:47 PM
I have like a tub of natural Quaker oats and I just can't seem to be able to eat them. I try to eat them like oatmeal. I bet if I mixed them around with some peanut butter or something else I could get them down. Maybe in a shake? I've never had a shake before though.

RedSpikeyThing
08-16-2006, 07:14 PM
For some reason I remember that stuff being high in fibre - could be the problem right there.

getfit
08-16-2006, 07:17 PM
I have like a tub of natural Quaker oats and I just can't seem to be able to eat them. I try to eat them like oatmeal. I bet if I mixed them around with some peanut butter or something else I could get them down. Maybe in a shake? I've never had a shake before though.
grind them well before you put them in your shake.

SLOTH
08-18-2006, 01:25 PM
I've got a box of golean oatmeal and it tastes like bird crap (yes I do know what that tastes like). I got it at Ocean state job lot. I haven't had the runs yet from it

malkore
08-18-2006, 02:35 PM
15g of protein in oatmeal makes me think its some kinda soy protein that isnt' agreeing with you.