PDA

View Full Version : Protein?

Steele
08-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Sup guys, are there any extra guidelines to go with the 1.5g/lb protein rule? For example, where the protein should come from? I've heard that lean meat is the best source if building muscle is your aim, and i'm well aware of the benefits surrounding protein from dairy sources (casein, etc). Any help on this would be fantastic, same as any links to articles detailing pros/cons of different protein sources.

edit: Another classic 'no brainer', hi wrong forum ._.

Cheers,
-Steele

rrich49132
08-17-2006, 11:22 AM
I dont know I am trying to get 1.0 per lbs and being 200 lbs I could not imagine having to up to 300g a day. I take two Nitro shakes a day which gives me about 120G with the yogurt and PB and get the rest from a piece of salmon and chicken throughout the day. I have just been doing this for the past 2 weeks so too soon to see how it is working for me.

Clifford Gillmore
08-18-2006, 06:23 AM
I dont know I am trying to get 1.0 per lbs and being 200 lbs I could not imagine having to up to 300g a day. I take two Nitro shakes a day which gives me about 120G with the yogurt and PB and get the rest from a piece of salmon and chicken throughout the day. I have just been doing this for the past 2 weeks so too soon to see how it is working for me.

300g+ is easy...

Con
08-18-2006, 08:26 AM
That depends on your situation, for me its a little hard to get adequete protein everyday, unless I wanna be eatin like chicken breast and eggs all day.

Paladyr
08-18-2006, 09:21 AM
1g/LBM is enough protein.

I don't think you should concern yourself too much about where the protein comes from.

malkore
08-18-2006, 10:21 AM
to reiterate Paladyr

1g per pound of LEAN body mass, not total body mass, is the recommended intake...up to 1.5g per pound of LEAN mass.