PDA

View Full Version : Could be a dumb ? but should i eat like crap for a week?

bL33d
08-17-2006, 01:08 PM
I Have been hearing that ur body adjustes to the way u eat and burns calories based on what you eat regularly. So if i ate like crazy fatting food high cal and then went back to my diet plan would i lose weight faster?

:alcoholic :drooling:

KingWilder
08-17-2006, 03:00 PM
If you're currently eating below maintenance and trying to lose weight and have stalled you could try this, HOWEVER, I wouldn't eat crap...I would simply raise my calories for a week(try and go high cal, but stay healthy) and then drop them back down again.

bL33d
08-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Ya that sounds like the smarter method for sure.
I have not been jogging on my off days cause i was worried about healing time but i think i might lift weights one day and jog the next....?

I also been looking around and found this....

----------------------------------------------------------------
How to Overcome a Weight Loss Plateau?
The weight loss plateau occurs because your body thinks there is a famine and has slowed down your metabolism in order to conserve calories.

This usually occurs within about a month of starting a weight loss diet, and may reoccur periodically thereafter.

What's the solution to the weight loss plateau?
SPEED UP your metabolism.

How?
By increasing your activity level.

Boosting your activity level will boost your metabolism and re-start weight loss.

For example, if you exercise for 20 minutes each day, increase this to 25-30 minutes each day, and weight loss should return to normal.

Calorie Intake & Eating Habits

As well as increasing your activity, please check your calorie intake is adequate. Many dieters fail to eat enough. This alone can trigger the weight loss plateau effect. Also, do not go too long without eating. This is not good for your metabolism/metabolic rate. For a woman, 3 hours without food is a reasonable maxiumum. And always eat breakfast!

Jorge Sanchez
08-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Exercising will not increase your metabolism, but it will burn more calories. That is one way to go about breaking through a plateau.

bL33d
08-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Not a good day for me i work for pepsi and the damn delivery is late so i dont know when i'll get to jog or lift weights... :(

djreef
08-23-2006, 01:42 PM
increase your metabolism while your body thinks its starving and you'll burn muscle for fuel. IMO you may need to have a few cheat days to reset your hormone levels, but I wouldn't make it a whole week.

DJ

bL33d
08-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Everyonce in awhile i eat stuff thats not great for u like last night i had thin crust pizza with double chicken and tomatoes (pizza hut).... but only had 3 slices at about 200 cal a slice...?

increase your metabolism while your body thinks its starving and you'll burn muscle for fuel. IMO you may need to have a few cheat days to reset your hormone levels, but I wouldn't make it a whole week.

DJ

And what if u have about 25 pounds of fat that needs to come off will ur body still target the muscle or the fat?

djreef
08-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Actually it will prob target both, with a preference for muscle, unless you give it an incentive to keep the muscle around. The idea is to train hard so that your body will maintain your lean body mass, while at the same time eating just below maintenance (which you can only know by tracking your calories). You have to understand that muscle is very expensive from a metabolical standpoint, and your body would rather not keep it around if it doesn't have to. Alot of folks hold onto fat more easily, because during times of starvation it is your last line of defense before you die. It's all a matter of reprogramming your body, through training and diet manipulation. Oh, and none of this happens quickly. You have to learn how your own individual body works, through trial and error, using the basics as a platform.

DJ

bL33d
08-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Well i lift weights 3 days a week would that give it some incentive or what i mean is that what you are getting at...? The body will try to hold on the the muscle cause it knows i will need it??

I started this diet off wrong and am trying to do it smarter by eating more protein and lifting weights 3 days a week. its hard to not try and run all the time and play basketball cause i have came so far and only have about 25 pounds left to get rid of. which will be a total of 120 pounds lost :thumbup:

I am a very addictive person and when i start something i want to do it 100% and would love to lift weights everyday but i read you need to rest to increase muscle.

djreef
08-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Look, if you love basketball, then play basketball. Anything that you enjoy doing that involves moving your ass, you need to do. It will make it much more enjoyable in helping you reach goals. Jump over to the GPP forum and read up on some of the fitness related topics to help out your game. Use the weight training to complement your sport. Give your training purpose. It's all good.

DJ

malkore
08-25-2006, 04:01 PM
make sure you're lifting heavy. lower reps. that kind of training helps you retain muscle while shedding fat.

don't buy into the 'low weights and high reps to tone' myth.

justagirrl
08-26-2006, 07:10 PM
If you've been dieting for an extended period of time, a "refeed" is also important to restore leptin levels.

Once calorie intake and adipose tissue drops below a certain point, leptin shuts everything down with the goal of storing as much energy as possible.

bL33d
08-26-2006, 10:26 PM
I ate 3000 calories today not a real healthy 3000 but... Imma try this for the next few days and not run or anything then start back at 1800-2000 a day cal and running.

Just seems weird to be on a diet for 4 monthes lose a bunch of weight and now im forcing myself to eat when i aint even hungry to try to lose weight heh. im hopeing acouple days will be long enough?

Stray
08-26-2006, 11:59 PM
I have a buddy that pretty much starved himself down 80something pounds and once he hit his plateau he found it really hard to eat "right" to start gaining muscle.

Apparently keeping it off is harder than losing it.

You should definately incorporate cheat/refeed days so your body doesn't think it's starving and start hording fat.

Cutting down on sugar (or high glycemic foods for that matter) wouldn't hurt either ;)

Good luck in whatever ends up working for ya.

Stray
08-27-2006, 12:16 AM
Have you also considered carb cycling ...similair to Built's (:thumbup: )template:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=74607

bL33d
08-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Cool thanks man ya i ate 3000 yesterday and ate 900 for breakfast alone today imma hit 3000 again today and tomorrow. Then drop back down to 2000 and excersise like a mad man :thumbup:

I do feel myself getting stronger so i think my protein intake and weightlifting is working....