PDA

View Full Version : That felt good

VikingWarlord
08-20-2006, 10:37 AM
I'd been messing around for a little while trying to reacquaint myself with the gym. Today was my first real workout.

I'm dead ass tired and I'm going to hurt like crazy tomorrow, but that just lets me know I accomplished something.

I thank everyone on this board for providing the inspiration and information necessary to help me get back into a shape other than "pear".

WBBIRL
08-20-2006, 11:17 AM
DOMS just mean your not used to the work...

I only get them if I go ballz to the wall on certaint lifts.

I can hammer my chest all day long and never get a dom... but if I do that with my back or legs I feel like a truck hit me. Ofcourse thats usually only on intense ME efforts.

VikingWarlord
08-20-2006, 11:34 AM
DOMS just mean your not used to the work...

I only get them if I go ballz to the wall on certaint lifts.

I can hammer my chest all day long and never get a dom... but if I do that with my back or legs I feel like a truck hit me. Ofcourse thats usually only on intense ME efforts.

Yeah, and I'm definitely not used to this. I'm not worrying about it though, because I expect it. Not like it's going to be a shock. I always used to love the feeling when I trained heavy in high school. We'll see if it still feels as good 9 years later.

bloodninja
08-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Ahhhh nothing like limping around the house, tripping over things, or falling down the stairs.

DOMS owns my legs all the time.

McVein
08-20-2006, 12:18 PM
what does DOM actually stand for?....ive never thought about it

(i am aware its prob something really obvious haha)

tsiguy96
08-20-2006, 12:33 PM
derlayed onset muscular soreness

something to that effect :)

VikingWarlord
08-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Ahhhh nothing like limping around the house, tripping over things, or falling down the stairs.

DOMS owns my legs all the time.

When I was lifting years ago, I never knew that it actually had a name. It's already setting in in my traps a bit. I think that's because I haven't figured out the best way to stretch those.

VikingWarlord
08-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Thinking about it, another thing that made me feel good was watching the couple other people in there. There was one guy who was maybe 5'9/250 with a cut off sweatshirt and weight belt who walked around a lot with his arms spread in the "big lats" pose. In the roughly 45 minutes I was in the free weight area, he did a set of cable rows, a set of preacher curls, and got on the crunch machine.

Another guy in there did a set of dumbbell curls a set on the preacher curl machine, a set on a gripper machine, a set of cable pushdowns, and then spent the rest of the time about 6" from the mirror checking out his arms.

They might have done more, this was what I observed between sets. It's amazing that people would spend that much money to use a gym and not actually DO anything.

bjohnso
08-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Thinking about it, another thing that made me feel good was watching the couple other people in there. There was one guy who was maybe 5'9/250 with a cut off sweatshirt and weight belt who walked around a lot with his arms spread in the "big lats" pose. In the roughly 45 minutes I was in the free weight area, he did a set of cable rows, a set of preacher curls, and got on the crunch machine.

Another guy in there did a set of dumbbell curls a set on the preacher curl machine, a set on a gripper machine, a set of cable pushdowns, and then spent the rest of the time about 6" from the mirror checking out his arms.

They might have done more, this was what I observed between sets. It's amazing that people would spend that much money to use a gym and not actually DO anything.

Yeah. I don't know how these people justify paying for a gym membership when all they do is curl. They should just buy a pair of dumbells, it's not like they ever move up in weight.