PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift Video (from a while ago)

Goodwinm
08-21-2006, 03:52 AM
Couple of months ago this vide is from. Just thought I'd post it. Its when I did a High Rep deadlift session with my back workout.

110 x 10
220 x 10
220 x 10
220 x 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmPelp9M-dQ

Form Is very very good i think. Almost perfect.

Stumprrp
08-21-2006, 08:21 AM
form is great mike

Guido
08-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Form is good except your ass comes up slightly before you pull and you are essentially stiff-legging your later reps. That's fine because you are using relatively light weight but once you finally do get heavier weights you will probably want to keep your ass down and reset after each rep.

The Zach
08-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Those aren't deadlifts. When doing a deadlift, each rep should be deweighted to the floor. It's called a deadlift because the weight is "dead" on the floor.

cphafner
08-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Those aren't deadlifts. When doing a deadlift, each rep should be deweighted to the floor. It's called a deadlift because the weight is "dead" on the floor.

hmmmmmmmmm...wrong

There is nothing wrong with constant motion. He's not bouncing the weight.

MixmasterNash
08-21-2006, 11:05 PM
I'd say that he was doing SLDLs for most of those reps. If he was using 450mm plates, they would hit the ground before he bends his knees. And his ass comes up too fast.

The Zach
08-22-2006, 12:12 AM
hmmmmmmmmm...wrong

There is nothing wrong with constant motion. He's not bouncing the weight.

A lift in weightlifting in which the weight is lifted from the floor to the level of the hips and then lowered by controlled effort to the floor.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=dead%20lift

Nosaj
08-22-2006, 02:28 AM
I never let the weight hit the ground when I deadlift, it floats right above it as I switch from lowering to pulling, but it never touches/bounces. To each his own, as long as you're making gains.

Nosaj
08-22-2006, 02:32 AM
Form Is very very good i think. Almost perfect.

I woulden't say perfect just because there is always room for improvement in everything. I agree you could drop your ass a bit more, use more leg drive. Back is nice and straight. Lock outs look strong, great pulls. Your form is really good, little risk of injury. Keep up the strong efforts bro!

cphafner
08-22-2006, 05:57 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=dead%20lift

So you learn your lifting by the dictionary. I guess my 10 years of experience is wrong because a dictionary says so...

Guido
08-22-2006, 08:18 AM
I never let the weight hit the ground when I deadlift, it floats right above it as I switch from lowering to pulling, but it never touches/bounces. To each his own, as long as you're making gains.Those would be Romanian Deadlifts, then.

John04Civic
08-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Overall I think it is solid.. :)

Con
08-23-2006, 06:08 AM
Now im kinda confused, can anyone give a video of themselves showing regular DLs and then RDLs?

WillKuenzel
08-23-2006, 06:15 AM
What would you call them, bub?

They're a variation of the deadlift so they're still called a deadlift. Whether you add "Romanian" or "stiff leg" in front of it, they're still deadlifts.

Continue this needless trolling and you'll be banned.

Natetaco
08-23-2006, 08:19 AM

Those were definatly deadlifts. gj goodwinn

Nosaj
08-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Those would be Romanian Deadlifts, then.

Woulden't the deciding variable be whether or not your ass drops and leg drive is incorperated at the bottom of the lift, not if the weight touches/bounces off the floor?

Guido
08-23-2006, 03:56 PM
With Romanian Deadlifts the bar does not touch the floor. With all other variations of the deadlift the bar should touch the floor between reps. Here's a good article explaining Romanian Deadlifts and SLDL's: http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=250heavy2

Goodwinm
08-24-2006, 10:57 AM
thnks for the constructive comments guys :) means alot!
I wouldnt say these were SLDL's I were doing. Cuz my legs wernt totally stiff.

and "The Zach"
Learn manners.

arya202
08-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Is it just me or is he using his back to much and his legs not enough?

Goodwinm
08-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Is it just me or is he using his back to much and his legs not enough?
your probably right. Its not a bad thing though. My form wasnt injury full. But when im dealing with heavier weight ill need to use more legs!