PDA

View Full Version : Is it unhealthy to eat...

kmrobins
08-21-2006, 08:25 AM
If I were to eat a dozen eggs a day, drink 2 or 3 litres of milk and a kilogram of yogurt a day, would this be unhealthy? Naturally I would eat other things too, but between meals if I were to have a large glass of milk and a hard boiled egg or two, or mix both in with my protein shake, would this benefit my weight lifting routine, or is it too much?

I am an extreme ectomorph, so carbs don't really phase me, I just don't want to OD on protein or something.

Also, is there something to make cottage cheese taste better? I've read everywhere how great it is, so I bought some the other day, but the stuff is vile. I can't stand it.

Thanks!

Con
08-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Some poeple might say lay off the eggs but if it helps you meet your needs then go for it.

To ask whether this would benefit you, you need to say your goals and whats your clas come out to be.

About the CC, I persoanlly like the taste(didnt before) but occassionally Ill add a packet of splenda, some cinnamon, an apple or some milk and chow down.

FighterInSnatch
08-21-2006, 08:35 AM
Its ok to eat a dozen eggs a day, just not with the yolks. You could use two whole eggs and 10 egg whites.

Con
08-21-2006, 08:37 AM
I also have a habit of eating quite a few eggs in a day so i am wondering why not the yolks?

I know they have sat fat but other than that, is there anything else?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-21-2006, 09:38 AM
That would be a crapload of cholesterol if you were eating the yolks. How's your fiber intake?

RedSpikeyThing
08-21-2006, 02:31 PM
That would be a crapload of cholesterol if you were eating the yolks. How's your fiber intake?

I thought cholesterol was only bad if you had a pre-existing cholesterol problem.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-21-2006, 02:54 PM
o_0

No.

Bruise Brubaker
08-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Cholesterol is good for you.

The very bad thing in your diet is too much dairy product. That much dairy cause an imbalance in your calcium to magnesium ratio (way too much calcium), and this is as bad to your bones as no calcium at all.

I would stick with the eggs and yogurt and balance it with some other good foods.

Junin
08-21-2006, 05:57 PM
A packet of sugar free jello will make a whole tub of Cottage Cheese taste like dessert. Stick to the fruity flavors. The chocolate/vanilla variety tends to make the concoction overly thick.

Mercuryblade
08-21-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm gonna have to go against Scars on this one. Cholestoral is hugely a genetic factor.

kate
08-21-2006, 10:06 PM
try this (cut and pasted from my journal)- this is Built's recipe so dont give me the credit! i cant stand cottage cheese, it makes me cringe at the thought (Blah) but this actually isnt bad!!

Weigh out 100g dry curd (unsalted) cc with 200g regular (salted) cottage cheese

OR

Rinse off enough regular (salted) cc to equal 300g.

Add a teaspoon of cocoa, some vanilla, and enough splenda and brown sugar twin (or any other non-splenda sweetener) to sweeten it.

Blend until it's a thick cream. You might need to add a few tablespoons of water.

Tastes like a cross between chocolate yogurt and chocolate cheesecake. Sort of.