PDA

View Full Version : Westside training.

Jim101
02-01-2002, 01:01 PM
Anyone train using westside methods?
Wondering if it has worked well for strength and power, I am kind of confused on some points of it, anyone here have any experience with it?

Paul Stagg
02-01-2002, 01:20 PM
I've been using it for a short time.

I think it is fun.

I haven't tested any lifts to see if they've increased as yet.

Chris Rodgers
02-01-2002, 02:29 PM
On a fairly low calorie diet, I gained over 100 lbs on my total while losing about 5 lbs of bodyweight in like 14 weeks. So I would definitely reccomend it as a strength routine. It is a very fun system too. You will really look forward to going in and breaking PR's week after week.

Adam
02-01-2002, 10:03 PM
Its a great system. The workouts are fun and demanding and you get strong really quick. I've been using westside for 10 months or so now.

Jim101
02-02-2002, 12:28 AM
Hey thanx for the replys.
Im confused on WWB site it never says what exercise they do on ME day, it looks like they only focus on supporting exercises instead of "the" exercise (bench, squat, dl) maybe I am just not reading it correctly. Could one of you post your routine so I could see it, Im still pretty confused?
Thanks in advance.

FLEX 2000
02-02-2002, 02:15 AM
thats correct, you use other variations of the bench squat and dead.

for example, on ME bench day you can use board press, floor press etc. on ME squat/dead you can use low box squats, rack pulls, good am's etc.

Big Poppa SP
02-02-2002, 10:57 AM
Hey everyone,

I have been doing westside for about a week with my friend who I just met. He got me a membership to this gym and it is a powerlifting gym. My opinion is mixed about westside....

1) I want to have more strength and size.... by using westside training can I accomplish that?

2) I don't want to have a big belly like all those guys do... i am going to do cardio 3-4 times per week about 30 mins each time.

I like it so far but hate it you can't train chest..... i used to be a bodybuilder though... my freind is the same way and still does a little chest and other things. I hope it works... tell me your success...

P.S. I just started benching the powerlifting way... (your elbows at an angle and the bar touches your sternum not your chest)

STeve

Adam
02-02-2002, 11:11 AM
You can still gain lots of size with this training. Just eat more then your body needs. The reason you see lots of powerlifters with big bellies is because they like the all you can eat buffets:) Just watch your diet and you want get fat but you can gain lots of muscle off this routine.

Chris Rodgers
02-02-2002, 03:03 PM
Yeah, no need to screw up your progress with excess cardio. Just keep your diet in check. You don't get a belly like that overnight.