PDA

View Full Version : Six pack

bladeinback
08-22-2006, 04:06 PM
What is the best way to get a six pack (I don't mean beer!)?

getfit
08-22-2006, 04:09 PM
diet.

GoodThings
08-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Blade- Do you think you are the first to come and ask this question?

Use the advanced search feature at the top right.

BalancedMan
08-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Everyone has a six pack but they are hidden under fat. There are two ways to expose them: (1) Cut the fat or (2) Make the ab muscles bigger through working them out.

I recommend doing lots of crunches/obliques/etc. when you're at the gym. I usually do a few sets of 25 for basic crunches, crunches (where you hold the muscles for 2 seconds) and obliques on each side.

I've also started to use weighted resistance machinces for abs recently as well.

I am not certain, but abs seem to recover pretty quickly so it probably doesn't hurt to do them on most gym days.

Eszekial
08-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Everyone has a six pack but they are hidden under fat. There are two ways to expose them: (1) Cut the fat or (2) Make the ab muscles bigger through working them out.

I recommend doing lots of crunches/obliques/etc. when you're at the gym. I usually do a few sets of 25 for basic crunches, crunches (where you hold the muscles for 2 seconds) and obliques on each side.

I've also started to use weighted resistance machinces for abs recently as well.

I am not certain, but abs seem to recover pretty quickly so it probably doesn't hurt to do them on most gym days.

No.

Eszekial
08-22-2006, 04:56 PM

Yes.

MarkY
08-22-2006, 05:50 PM

Keep doing those crunches. You'll have a six pack in no time. :rolleyes:

SpecialK
08-22-2006, 06:42 PM

This is wrong. Do weighted crunches, weighted leg raises, or cable crunches, 1-2 times per week. Your abs are a muscle like any other.

leveque
08-22-2006, 07:42 PM

I understand the idea of telling newbies about the search function, but let's not snap at a guy during his first post.

Turnip
08-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Grab a dumbell, hold it to your chest, do crunches. Thats what I do personally, and I get something to hold my feet steady.

KingWilder
08-22-2006, 10:38 PM
decline bench
weight plate
sit ups
good diet
abs

SoloScott
08-23-2006, 12:05 AM
What is the best way to get a six pack (I don't mean beer!)?
I have never seen my six pack. So, when you find out, please tell me :thumbup:

Stray
08-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Reduce bodyfat percentage and your abs will start to show...You can't spot reduce so you can do crunches until your throw up all over your pink neoprene dumbells but it won't help.

And yeah we should really try to not jump on newbies no matter how ******ed the question.

As far as nutrition and fitness goes - are there any new questions raised? Everything could probably be covered by a SEARCH function but that's what google is for. Keep burning newbies and this place will be dead in no time.

KingWilder
08-23-2006, 01:10 AM
As far as nutrition and fitness goes - are there any new questions raised? Everything could probably be covered by a SEARCH function but that's what google is for. Keep burning newbies and this place will be dead in no time.

my thoughts exactly...every answer asked at this point could probably be found by using the search, but that's not the point of these forums.