PDA

View Full Version : McLes Diet???

Y0yo
08-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.mcles.com/

My friend gave me this link trying to convince me that exercise is much more important than diet when it comes to healthy living. He says going for a jog after school has a far greater impact than changing what you eat on a day to day basis...total crap, but this is what he finds to try and prove me wrong.

dissipate
08-23-2006, 03:19 AM
interesting.......

about healthy living, i think exercise helps combat the negative effects of junk food.

but when we're talking about performance, diet definitely plays a huge role.

Y0yo
08-23-2006, 03:24 AM
So if you were to chose one or the other, which would you chose. A good diet or a good exercise routine when it comes down to living healthy?

ShockBoxer
08-23-2006, 05:15 AM
Both to an extent?

I'm not a puritan by any means with my diet... if I'm grocery shopping and feel like a chocolate bar, I'll get one. If I'm at a restaurant and feel like oreo cookies and creme cheesecake, I'll get it.

Those two events don't represent most of my time spent eating, though. That time is best represented by oatmeal, peanuts, protein shakes, and boneless, batterless chicken burgers.

dissipate
08-23-2006, 06:27 AM
yeah both to an extent for me too. both go hand-in-hand in relation to healthy living.

RedSpikeyThing
08-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Healthy in what sense? If you mean healthy in a nutritious, disease and illness free sense, I would take diet over exercise. It is very possible for someone to achieve their size goals without ever exercising.

Now if you want to be able to be thin and DO something, well that's a whole other story.

Y0yo
08-23-2006, 09:31 AM
I understand that both go hand in hand. The arguement I was having was with a friend who said it's less about what you eat and more about exercise. I'm not talking bodybuilding here, pure healthy nutritious disease free long living lifestyle..

RedSpikeyThing
08-23-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm not talking bodybuilding here, pure healthy nutritious disease free long living lifestyle..

If I had to pick one, I would pick diet. Take the most active person you know and picture them with scurvy....probably not a pretty sight.

seK
08-24-2006, 03:14 AM
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.mcles.com/

My friend gave me this link trying to convince me that exercise is much more important than diet when it comes to healthy living. He says going for a jog after school has a far greater impact than changing what you eat on a day to day basis...total crap, but this is what he finds to try and prove me wrong.

This has been done before I have seen a site with some videos of the same experiment.
I say let your friend be, Darwin will thank you when he dies of one of the 100's if not 1,000's of diseases and disorders caused by malnutrition.

On a side note I love how all the lifting he did the entire month was

Day 337
4 x 10 - Bench Press
4 x 10 - Seated Press
4 x 10 - Chest Flies

and
Day 340
4 x 10 - Bench Press
4 x 10 - Seated Press
4 x 10 - Chest Flies
3 x 10 - Rear deltoid
3 x 10 - Deltoid with Dumbbells
3 x 10 - Deltoid Lifts

He also trains like he is in a triathlon one day and then follows it up with doing nothing for a week lol. The amount of food he eats is all over the place also.

dissipate
08-24-2006, 03:51 AM
exactly sek....
such things can be argued over forever. it's a waste of time :p

les' (or whatever his name is) did have some weird workouts. he did lots of 1hr cardio sessions. on some days he seemed to eat very little and i reckon he should've been going full sugar coke instead of diet coke for a more accurate representation.

Holto
08-25-2006, 08:16 AM
It's a fact that the human body has the ability to sweat trans fat, mercury, PCP's, dioxin and all the other toxins found in unhealthy food.

Trust me I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Eszekial
08-25-2006, 08:17 AM
LOL.

Theoretically, if you lifted enough weights, you would eventually gain enough LBM that your caloric needs would eventually reach your daily average of calories.

So technically yes, this could be true.