PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition Bars - Good meal replacement?

pfelice
08-24-2006, 01:53 PM
On Wednesdays and Thursdays, I have no time for dinner.

Wednesdays I get off work at 5:30 and have to be at the YMCA to teach guitar lessons from 6:00 - 9:00, and I have to pick up my little brother to come with me in between those times. Then he and I work out at the Y from 9:00 - 10:00.

Thursdays, I get off work at 5:30 and pick him up at 5:45, get to the Y at 6:00, work out until 7:00, then teach guitar from 7:00 - 10:00. Tight schedule, right?

So, I need a solution for food. I'm thinking these look like a good idea: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2372983&cp&change_search=products&keywords=bars&y=0&searchId=17198913271&x=0&parentPage=search

Anyone had experience with this, or have any suggestions on whether or not it's okay to wait until 10:00 or later to eat dinner? It sure doesn't feel good to go hungry for those several hours, but I could do it. I've just always heard it's a bad idea to eat that late.

Unreal
08-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Nothing wrong with eating late. In fact, you want to eat after working out.

Commercial bars are normally junk. If you want a bar make your own. There are several good recipes posted in the recipe section of this site. A shaker with whey/oats/etc or a tupperwear with some chicken/rice/eggs/etc is portable and only takes a few minutes at most to eat. Keep a few shakers with whey/oats and a bottle of water, add the water, shake and drink.

malkore
08-25-2006, 09:38 AM
or make some of Built's protein waffles (int he recipes forum). they are bad ass!