PDA

View Full Version : Going to Costco. Need some suggestions

saleen281
08-24-2006, 09:44 PM
I am going to go to Costco on Saturday and I need some help. I have been tracking my cals for the past 2 weeks and havnt gained a single pound. Obviously I need to eat more, but I am having trouble getting my cals and staying at the right levels for fat and carbs. I want to get some lean beef but I dont really trust what fitday has for nutrition facts on some things. I am aiming for 3200 cals, 100g fat or less, 300g carbs or less, and 220+protein. Is anyone eating near this so I can base my diet of yours? I am pretty open to eating most things, but will not eat tuna, broccoli, or oatmeal. I would really appreciate the help because I am tired of busting my ass in the gym and not gaining weight. Thanks!

Built
08-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Okay, go to the usda nutrient database to look up and program in foods that aren't on fitday. I've done this with lean steak, chicken breast etc.

Costco is great for huge tubs of cottage cheese and natural peanut butter. Also huge containers of cheap fish oil, and their bulk nuts are very well priced.

Not sure if they sell dextrose there - I get mine at superstore, but you can check. Pasta is good for carbs if you don't like oats - I get multigrain catelli. Maybe get some big jars of spaghetti sauce, cheap ground beef and multigrain pasta and or brown rice?

saleen281
08-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Ok I will do that. The thing that sucks is that I know what I should be eating, I just cant place it all into a good daily diet. If I eat too many carbs I feel like I gain mostly fat and that is definately not what I want. I am planning on making some good high calorie burritos, anyone ever tried low-carb tortilla's?

Built
08-24-2006, 10:25 PM
It's just your calories - if you overeat, you'll gain too fast.

cphafner
08-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Ok I will do that. The thing that sucks is that I know what I should be eating, I just cant place it all into a good daily diet. If I eat too many carbs I feel like I gain mostly fat and that is definately not what I want. I am planning on making some good high calorie burritos, anyone ever tried low-carb tortilla's?

Drop the tortilla and just throw the rice, beef, and cheese in a bowl.

When I go to Costo this is my shopping list.

lean ground beef
top round steak
boneless chix breasts
frozen salmon (if available)
canned tuna
oatmeal
olive oil
frozen veggies (broc and green beans normally)
cottage cheese
milk
natty pb

Nosaj
08-25-2006, 01:58 AM
When I go to Costo this is my shopping list.

lean ground beef
top round steak
boneless chix breasts
frozen salmon (if available)
canned tuna
oatmeal
olive oil
frozen veggies (broc and green beans normally)
cottage cheese
milk
natty pb

+ eggs!!! Mmm, egg hard boiled whites!

cphafner
08-25-2006, 08:03 PM
+ eggs!!! Mmm, egg hard boiled whites!

I'm not an egg fan.

Nosaj
08-25-2006, 09:47 PM
If I was a bodybuilding farmer, all I'd have on my farm would be chickens and cows, they make everything I need. :D

dissipate
08-26-2006, 12:58 AM
and you'd probably have to have a farm the size of disneyland otherwise you'd be eating faster than the animals can reproduce!

Nosaj
08-26-2006, 02:01 AM
Oh, and maybe a sheep... but that woulden't be for dietary purposes. :evillaugh

Unreal
08-26-2006, 03:35 AM
Oh, and maybe a sheep... but that woulden't be for dietary purposes. :evillaugh

Yah, we gotta keep a nice supply of wool so we can knit socks on rest day. Good idea :)

Sheep chafe, llamas rule.