PDA

View Full Version : Nutrion Counseling

c3p
08-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Hey guys,
I am 15, 16 in November, and although that you older guys out there that I have it easy and don't have to watch what i eat, your completely wrong. I am consider ed skinny by most kids but I am really "skinny fat". I have some fat on my stomach and chest that I can't seem to shave off, so I think I might get a nutrition counselor, so do any you out there have any recommendations? I think I am about 12-13 bf but I have never really taken a measurement. I really would like to be able to see my abs. now if pull stretch down the fat on my stomach I can see my abs. here is a picture of me: http://myspace-340.vo.llnwd.net/00881/04/35/881215340_l.jpg

my arms aren't totally like toothpicks, so I curl about 20-25 lbs.

Thanks!
Kyle

EDIT:darn, I spelt nutrition wrong on the title, owell :)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-25-2006, 03:20 PM
You don't need to see a nutrition counselor, you just need to start putting on some muscle mass. And you'll get all the info you need on this site. You need to put on about 20 pounds or so and then go on a cut. If you try to get rid of that "fat" now, you'll just end up looking anorexic.

c3p
08-25-2006, 03:36 PM
haha thanks for your input. i am aiming for something like my friend: http://myspace-149.vo.llnwd.net/00534/94/17/534977149_l.jpg

McVein
08-25-2006, 03:44 PM
you do NOT wanna look like him..............man you wanna take everyones advice on here, and put on muscle mass , not lose fat...

do you have access to a gym?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Your friend has like no muscle except for what appears to almost be abs. You need to pack on some good muscle mass. You can look way better than your friend if you put in the work.

McVein
08-25-2006, 04:13 PM
also, no offence to your friend (thats a lie, i couldnt care less what he thinks).....he should keep his shirt on......or eat it, or sell it andhis camera and get some weights, ive seen more meat on a butchers pencil......

if u got it, flaunt it, if u dont,........dont, and that pics from his myspace too....poser.....

dude, get a routine set out, (try wbb1)......get big, and slap him in the head ;)

SpecialK
08-25-2006, 05:35 PM
also, no offence to your friend (thats a lie, i couldnt care less what he thinks).....he should keep his shirt on......or eat it, or sell it andhis camera and get some weights, ive seen more meat on a butchers pencil......
if u got it, flaunt it, if u dont,........dont, and that pics from his myspace too....poser.....

dude, get a routine set out, (try wbb1)......get big, and slap him in the head ;)

LOL

McVein
08-25-2006, 05:40 PM
plenty more where that came from ;) lol

SpecialK
08-25-2006, 05:51 PM
OP, since we all get tired of repeating the same thing over and over on this forum, I'm going to slightly more creative with it. Follow the directions of this video:

link (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=720531919682264221&q=weird+al+eat+it)

;)

c3p
08-25-2006, 06:10 PM
haha...well I started working out about 3 months ago and I have seen some changes in my arms and legs. i got a new vein in my right arm yesterday :clown: this may sound vulgar, but i am happy to see new veins pop out when i work out. does this show progress? anyways, should I start taking some weight-gainer until i gain 20 pounds? then cut? i live about 3 mins. away from a GNC so does anyone one know good weight-gainers they sell?

Thanks!
Kyle

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-25-2006, 06:17 PM
but i am happy to see new veins pop out when i work out. does this show progress?No, it means you have a low body fat percentage in that area.

haha...well I started working out about 3 months ago and I have seen some changes in my arms and legsHow much weight have you gained in the past 3 months?

anyways, should I start taking some weight-gainer until i gain 20 pounds?No, you should increase your calorie intake, not take a crappy weight gainer (which is loaded with sugar).

then cut? i live about 3 mins. away from a GNC so does anyone one know good weight-gainers they sell?You can make your own at home and they'll be healthier. Take a look at the Recipes forum on this site for shake ideas.

c3p
08-25-2006, 06:34 PM
I haven't gained any weight over the past 3 months, but I have some how gained some muscle. i am thinking of increasing my lifts by 5 pounds every 2 weeks. i haven't really been adding weight to my lifts, since I wasn't sure when to add weight. Also, when I cut to get abs, should I do cardio three times a week and have a calorie deficit?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I haven't gained any weight over the past 3 months, but I have some how gained some muscle.You need to be eating more. A LOT more. You'd be a lot farther along now if you had your diet in check. Your diet is the key to success.

i am thinking of increasing my lifts by 5 pounds every 2 weeks. i haven't really been adding wheight to my lifts, since I wasn't sure when to add wheight.You add weight when you start exceeding your rep ranges for the given exercise. If the particular exercise requires you to do 6-8 and you're able to do 20, you're not using enough weight. If it requires you to do 6-8 and you're only able to do 2, you're using too much weight.

c3p
08-25-2006, 06:52 PM
here is my current routine: http://kapsoft.net/routine.html

should I change the reps to 8 instead of 12? I have also been eating a protien bar in my lunch, about 20-24 grams, and I have also been drinking nitrean with 2 cups of milk a day, 40 grams, so at least 60 grams of protien each day.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-25-2006, 07:24 PM
You should be getting at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Do you have any idea how much fat or carbs you are consuming? And why are you working out chest twice a week? And squats and deadlifts on the same day is quite strenuous, you need to spread them out. You should try this routine: WBB Routine #1 (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25)

You should track your calories for a week on www.fitday.com so we can see if your diet really sucks as much as I think it does.

SpecialK
08-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Here's what you need to do:

First, get an estimate for your maintenance calories here:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Make sure to click on the link for "Daily Caloric Needs" to get your estimated total.

This tells you how many calories to eat per day. Go here to track what you eat:

www.fitday.com

Shoot for the total given to you for 1 week, and weigh yourself each morning. If you have not gained at least a pound by the end of the week, then add 300 cals to your daily total, and eat that amount for the next week. Continue weighing yourself every morning. If at the end of the second week, if you still have not gained at least a pound, add another 300. Repeat this process until you are gaining about 1 lb./week.

Shoot for about 1g protein/lb LBM, 0.5 g fat/lb LBM, and the rest can be whatever combination of fat, carbs, and protein you find works best.

Try to divide your caloric intake evenly among 6 or so meals thoughout the day. This is not strictly necessary, but can be useful if you find it difficult to consume the amount of food required.

If you are wondering what to eat, check this thread out:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

Supplements are not required, but protein powders can be a conveinient source of food.

That routine isn't bad, although I would prefer something with lower reps. For a beginner, it shouldn't be too bad.

c3p
08-26-2006, 04:31 PM
alright i'll start tracking.

so when i start cutting, should i do cardio 3 times a week and have a calorie deficit of at least 300 cals?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-26-2006, 04:51 PM
You shouldn't even start thinking about cutting until you've gained at least 20 pounds.

c3p
08-26-2006, 06:27 PM
i started bulking yesterday, just wanted to know before i get to it.

i am going for aprox. 2112 cals. everyday.(thats 600 cals over my estimated BMR) is this enough for me to gain 10 pounds in a week?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-26-2006, 06:32 PM
You should be trying to gain around a pound or so a week, not 10...unless of course you want to become a bumbling tub of lard. Lifting and gaining weight is a long-term goal, not instant progression.

arya202
08-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Just fricken read this site. **** your goals, **** your puny wannabe friend.

I'm 15 and I track my calories on fitday and do heavy compound movement and the stuff this site recommends and I hate to toot my own horn but I'm the best lookin guy on the waterpolo team.I dont know how any other guys in school look like.

McVein
08-27-2006, 07:01 AM

I'm 15 and I track my calories on fitday and do heavy compound movement and the stuff this site recommends and I hate to toot my own horn but I'm the best lookin guy on the waterpolo team.I dont know how any other guys in school look like.

wow....ur cool, :bow:

djreef
08-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Water polo?!?:D

DJ

Bob
08-28-2006, 01:39 PM

Although you have given the OP some good advice...
You seem awfully angry for a 15 yr old??? Take that agression out on the weights.. not a newbie. Did you know everything at first??

OP.. Lift hard, Eat a lot of good food and rest enough... you could afford at least 20 lbs of quality mass.. your pictures shows you have genetics enough to grow.. so take advantage of your age, test levels and metabolism.. eat, lift, grow!!

PS.. don't worry about your friend.. and good luck..

c3p
08-28-2006, 04:27 PM
haha ya, i measured my body weight today and i am now currently 130 rather than 112 3 months ago. I have really gained any bodyfat since then so I would say I have gained a good 18 pounds of muscle. :clap: is this good? i better update signature. also, I am planning to revamp my routine with one of the wbb workouts combined with the AtLarge Nutrition "Add to Your Arms in 1 Month" Routine, which can be found here (http://atlargenutrition.com/half_inch_to_arms.php)

seK
08-28-2006, 09:50 PM
On a more serious note why do you have that picture of your friend. :confused:

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-28-2006, 09:54 PM
^^

MySpace.

SkinnySadMan
08-28-2006, 10:34 PM
You're exactly like me. (talking to Original Poster)

c3p
08-29-2006, 02:49 PM
You're exactly like me. (talking to Original Poster)
haha any suggestions?