PDA

View Full Version : SShadow / Journal

SShadow
02-01-2002, 07:24 PM
Here's the start of my journal. I'm 24. Never been in good shape in my life. I hope to turn that around. I've been working out for about 9 weeks now. I haven't kept any measurements or even weighed myself as I didn't want to set myself up for feeling failure. Starting next week I'm planning on starting a real schedule of what I'm doing at the gym and keeping measurements. The previous 9 weeks I considered to be a test trial to see if I was truly committed. I also quit smoking (cold) and I have managed to cut almost all of the really terrible foods from my diet. Just by looking in the mirror I can tell that body fat has significantly decreased and I feel much better. The attached picture shows where I was when I started.

Hot Shot
02-01-2002, 07:27 PM
Good luck!:)

Blood&Iron
02-01-2002, 07:33 PM
Well, if you've already been at it for 9 weeks you've accomplished a great deal IMO. Don't expect to look like a fitness model or Arnold Schwarzenegger overnight(Not sure what kind of look you're shooting for.) It takes time. And if you need advice there are plenty of knowledgeable people on this board who I am sure would be happy to help you. Good luck.

sponge
02-02-2002, 07:56 AM
I'm a newbie as well and have found tons of great info right here at this site. A lot of the posters are bright and know what they're talking about. Good Luck!

SShadow
02-04-2002, 12:15 PM
I'm going to go ahead and start posting some of the progression pictures that I've been taking every couple of weeks. They're not impressive. ;) It's not that I'm not trying hard or doing things right. I firmly believe I was dealt with some fairly pussy genetics. My body physique has been the same since I was a kid. I am for the most part incapable of gaining or losing weight as well as gaining or losing muscle. This is why I have set myself up with a time frame of approximately 12 months before there is enough of a difference that may impress some of you. Thanks.

SShadow
02-04-2002, 12:23 PM
Week 4.

SShadow
02-04-2002, 12:28 PM
Week 7.

SShadow
02-04-2002, 02:18 PM
These are the current supplements that I am taking.

Daily Vitmain Centrum
Once a day after lunch.
Whey Protein
Twice a day. Once after lunch pre workout and once late afternoon post workout.
Creatine (EAS Phosphagen HP)
Once a day.
RFA-1
Twice a day. Once early morning before breakfast and once again mid afternoon typically pre workout.

SShadow
02-04-2002, 05:19 PM
Just wasn't feeling it today but I went for it anyway. Not my typical workout as I'm going to try and make individual days for muscle groups. Today was a (half) arm day. I always start with 35 to 45 minutes of cardio. Once I get my weight, er BF, down to a reasonable level I'll do the cardio last but for now it goes first. I typically do 4 sets with anything weight related. First set is a warm up with light weight. Second is a little more challenging, third is very challenging. The 4th set by the last rep I should be at failure. Typically the amount of reps that I shoot for per set is 10.

The cardio consists of usually the treadmill. Today, like most days, it was:
3 min at 5% incline at 4 mph
7 min at 5% incline at 6 mph
7 min at 5% incline at 6 mph
7 min at 10% incline at 4 mph

Arms workout:
Curls
Concentration Curls
Hammer Curls
Barbell Curls
Reverse Curls
Reverse Wrist Curls
Wrist Curls
Pushdowns
Reverse Pushdowns

SShadow
02-04-2002, 05:21 PM
OH! BTW.... Thank you to those that wrote for the warm welcome and encouragement!

SShadow
02-05-2002, 04:19 PM
You know....I think I'm actually seeing a difference.

Blood&Iron
02-05-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by SShadow
You know....I think I'm actually seeing a difference.
Definite improvement from the first pic. Good job. Keep at it.

SShadow
02-05-2002, 05:41 PM
Thanks. Unfortunately it'll probably be at least another 2 or 3 months before you'll see any muscle BUT I'll get there.

SShadow
02-06-2002, 09:33 AM
did my first measurements today. damn i'm a weak, fat bitch. ;) 12" biceps, 37" waist (belly button) and 38" chest (nipples)

Blood&Iron
02-06-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by SShadow
did my first measurements today. damn i'm a weak, fat bitch. ;) 12" biceps, 37" waist (belly button) and 38" chest (nipples)
Don't get too down on yourself. As I said, there is clear improvement in the pictures you've posted. Be proud of your accomplishments. Just keep at it.

SShadow
02-07-2002, 09:42 AM
One other thing I did a couple of months ago was to purchase one book. In my opinion it has helped me greatly. It's called "Strength Training Anatomy" by Frederic Delavier. It shows proper form in intricate detail by dissecting the body down to the bones, joints and individual muscle groups. I highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to learn proper form. I bought mine on Amazon for around $13.00. It has made a world of difference in my workout. Form is definitely where it is at. Also simply being able to visualize what is happening and what should be happening has helped me adjust my training to be more effective.

SShadow
02-21-2002, 10:00 AM
Here's the latest. I'm up to week 11. Is it just me or is it harder to lose body fat the less you have? It felt like I was melting it off at first and now it's a bit more difficult.

MonStar1023
02-21-2002, 10:01 AM
Looking good bro nice improvement. Keep it up.

:thumbup::thumbup:

SShadow
03-10-2002, 01:51 PM
I seem to have almost reached a plateau with BF loss and muscle gain. I need to make changes to my current program (still experimenting to find what I need) and nutritional intake. I will be sure to post my plan once I have one for everyones critique. I need something to shock my body in to reacting again. Latest picture attached.

chris mason
03-10-2002, 04:53 PM
Definitely a marked improvement from the 1st pics.

syntekz
03-10-2002, 04:56 PM
Oh yeah. Butts getting a lot smaller too. Ha!

mesmall
03-10-2002, 05:05 PM
wow....big differance.

SShadow
03-11-2002, 09:08 AM
holy crap! i never noticed that until you just said it. i had a big ass! hahaha. thanks.

Anthony
03-23-2002, 10:46 AM
Definitely see improvements. Good job!

ericg
03-26-2002, 12:13 PM
Nice job man!!

jell999
03-26-2002, 12:37 PM
Your looking really good. Keep it up!

SShadow
04-06-2002, 02:58 PM
Here's the latest. Thanks.

MonStar1023
04-06-2002, 11:13 PM
SShadow-
Definitely looking better man, keep it up all the way. Youre almost there dont let anything get in your way. :):)

MS

SShadow
04-08-2002, 09:38 AM
Thanks. I'll take all the encouragement that I can get. I'm going to go off the ECA stack now. I'll continue all the exercise and training as is. Hopefully I'll either continue to lower the BF or at the very least stabilize myself to where I am at now. I'm down to fitting in to a size 33" comfortably. Only 5 months ago I was hanging over a 36".

SShadow
04-29-2002, 01:01 PM
...and the latest. I'd like to start bulking up a bit soon. I've been reading so much here on how to lose the BF but I have skipped over all the bulking routines. I'm comfortable enough with my BF% right now that I'd definitely like to see myself put on a few pounds of lean muscle. I suppose I need to start reading again and I'm sure I'll find the best advice here once again as well. Thanks everyone.

ericg
04-29-2002, 02:20 PM
Nice job man........just barely make out those abs.....nice work!!!