PDA

View Full Version : Choc Nitrean

bics56
08-26-2006, 12:12 PM
I just got my Choc Nitrean in and had my first glass. I mixed 2 scoops with about 12 oz of milk. I put one scoop in mixed it with a spoon then added another and mixed that. It mixed pretty easy, better than ON that I am used to. There was a few clumps but they were pretty small. The taste was pretty good I would say on par with ON. Kinda tasted like cake mix in a way. Overall I am a fan and give props for so far what I can tell a good product. Now we'll see if it can help transform me into a total manchild :evillaugh

chris mason
08-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Excellent! Thanks for your feedback.

Nicoman
08-26-2006, 11:47 PM
LOL Manchild.......freakin funny man.

Just make sure you get enough carbs post workout...Nitrean alone does not which is why I take an Opticen shake postworkout.

malkore
08-27-2006, 11:49 AM
no need to spend extra cash on Opitcen if you can't afford it though. Nitrean and opticen have the same protein profile, so if you're on a budget, just get some dextrose/corn sugar, and go with 1 scoop nitrean, 1 scoop dextrose post workout. It's pretty close to a 2;1 carbs:protein ratio.

always use 8oz of fluid to help the casien protein in nitrean mix up in a non clumping manner.

Joe Black
08-28-2006, 03:04 AM
eek, I tried that and it really ruined the flavour of Nitrean....

I take both Opticen and Nitrean, but post workout I take 2 shakes. 2 scoops of Nitrean with water and then a seperate one of 50g dextrose with a small amount of fruit juice.

TwiloMike
08-28-2006, 07:34 PM
I had a new tub of Chocolate Nitrean but gave it to a friend as part of a birthday package and ended up with an almost empty tub and no replacement (bad management on my part). For the past week I'd been using ON and there is no comparison: Nitrean is satisfying as a small meal, while ON is... water. I ordered another tub of Nitrean today. Enough torture.

bics56
08-29-2006, 06:54 AM
To each his own...I wouldnt say ON is torture, I think they make a good product. I think after the Nitrean is gone i may try ON Rocky road......unless At Large makes a Rocky Road...hint hint ;)

TwiloMike
08-29-2006, 02:45 PM
I like ON as a shake, but it's torture if you plan on using it as a snack or a small meal sub. Nitrean, OTOH, does the job very well of staving off hunger for a decent amount of time.

Eszekial
08-29-2006, 03:17 PM
I haven't blended a shake in months.. I just throw a half scoop in my mouth and then add some water. Saves so much time, and it doesn't taste half bad.

leveque
08-29-2006, 03:41 PM
To each his own...I wouldnt say ON is torture, I think they make a good product. I think after the Nitrean is gone i may try ON Rocky road......unless At Large makes a Rocky Road...hint hint ;)

ON Rocky Road (with milk) is the best tasting powder I've ever tried.

And yes, rocky road would make a great Nitrean flavor.

malkore
08-29-2006, 04:41 PM
I like ON as a shake, but it's torture if you plan on using it as a snack or a small meal sub. Nitrean, OTOH, does the job very well of staving off hunger for a decent amount of time.

That's cuz Nitrean has teh slower digesting casien protein, so that part of it def. sticks with you longer.

Barker
08-30-2006, 09:12 AM
I received my first tub of Choc Nitrean yesterday and tried it this morning. It has a really good taste and good consistency. Very glad I ordered it. The protein mix is a really big bonus for the product versus just one type. A very good product! :thumbup: I may try the Opticen also on my next order.

chris mason
08-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Thanks for your comments guys!

nejar462
08-31-2006, 03:53 AM
Did you guys tweak the choc nitrean formula? It seems to me it tastes better than before.

Nicoman
08-31-2006, 05:40 AM
Did you guys tweak the choc nitrean formula? It seems to me it tastes better than before.

Yeah you know I was thinking the same thing.

I hope it is not just my taste buds.

:cool:

chris mason
08-31-2006, 05:47 AM
No tweaking. Perhaps your love for us has just grown over time...:clap:

nejar462
08-31-2006, 04:10 PM
lol honestly thats disturbing then. Maybe im losing my mind.

SpecialK
08-31-2006, 05:11 PM
LOL Manchild.......freakin funny man.

Just make sure you get enough carbs post workout...Nitrean alone does not which is why I take an Opticen shake postworkout.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't opticien use a slow-digesting maltodextrin for it's carbs? That wouldn't be the same thing as mixing whey with dextrose.

Nicoman
08-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't opticien use a slow-digesting maltodextrin for it's carbs? That wouldn't be the same thing as mixing whey with dextrose.

I honestly would not know.....all I know is when I take Opticen after a workout I feel sooooo satisfied....I even look forward to it after a workout kinda like a healthy treat .....milkshake time!!.....

If that is not a sign of a quality product I do not know what is...

Maybe the gents at At Large would want to clarify the question of the slow digesting carbs in their Opticen?

Thanks.....

head_wall
08-31-2006, 07:32 PM
I just got mine yesterday, and I must say...

Nitrean is awesome!

I had finished a tub of ON vanilla, and man, it was such a CHORE drinking it, I hated the taste of it. And so of course I was not drinking it every day, only after my workouts, which we all know is a no-no. However, it was SO hard to drink it. NOTHING I mixed it with helped.

So naturally I was skeptical of ANY protein powder that had many people rave over it's good taste the way I'd heard about ON's 100% whey.

But Nitrean is so much better. I mixed in some Ovaltine, and it tasted even BETTER. I bought a small tub of low fat chocolate ice cream, mixed some of that in, and that tasted great as well. Tomorrow I shall go buy some low fat coffee ice cream and make myself a mocha protein shake. I'm really looking forward to the ways I can make this shake taste! I'd love to hear all the ways this shake can be mixed.

FINALLY!

chris mason
08-31-2006, 08:07 PM

Malto is the primary source of carbs in Opticen, yes. The rate of digestion has many variables as there are other ingredients which have an effect. There are thickening agents in Opticen which help to promote satiety and their combination with the protein matrix and malto certainly attenutate the entire digestibility equation.

Chris

chris mason
08-31-2006, 08:08 PM
I just got mine yesterday, and I must say...

Nitrean is awesome!

I had finished a tub of ON vanilla, and man, it was such a CHORE drinking it, I hated the taste of it. And so of course I was not drinking it every day, only after my workouts, which we all know is a no-no. However, it was SO hard to drink it. NOTHING I mixed it with helped.

So naturally I was skeptical of ANY protein powder that had many people rave over it's good taste the way I'd heard about ON's 100% whey.

But Nitrean is so much better. I mixed in some Ovaltine, and it tasted even BETTER. I bought a small tub of low fat chocolate ice cream, mixed some of that in, and that tasted great as well. Tomorrow I shall go buy some low fat coffee ice cream and make myself a mocha protein shake. I'm really looking forward to the ways I can make this shake taste! I'd love to hear all the ways this shake can be mixed.

FINALLY!

Thank you!

silverstar
09-01-2006, 12:02 AM
I got my Nitrean today and really like the taste . I also looked down the lables and compared them with the gold standard. Nitrean has 10 less calories. the Nitrean has more of everything in it except potassium in it was lower then gold standards. I finger I can eat a banana to make up for it if I want and call it good :) Thanks Chris I will be buying more when this tub is empty :)

chris mason
09-01-2006, 05:36 AM
I got my Nitrean today and really like the taste . I also looked down the lables and compared them with the gold standard. Nitrean has 10 less calories. the Nitrean has more of everything in it except potassium in it was lower then gold standards. I finger I can eat a banana to make up for it if I want and call it good :) Thanks Chris I will be buying more when this tub is empty :)

Thank you!

Wild Cat McCane
09-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Compairing it to ON 100% whey is not fair.

ON has its own blend. ON Pro Complex.

Sorry, not trying to bash at all, just if you are compairing, compair right :thumbup:

SpecialK
09-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Compairing it to ON 100% whey is not fair.

ON has its own blend. ON Pro Complex.

Sorry, not trying to bash at all, just if you are compairing, compair right :thumbup:

Yeah but ON Pro Complex doesn't contain casein like Nitrean does, so technically even that wouldn't be a perfectly fair comparison ;)

Wild Cat McCane
09-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Actually, it contains 50 grams of protein in a serving, and does include casein....

SpecialK
09-09-2006, 12:02 AM
Actually, it contains 50 grams of protein in a serving, and does include casein....

I was looking at the label here:

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_item_on005.htm

Is that wrong?

leveque
09-10-2006, 09:16 AM

When mixed w/ 6g of milk you get 61 grams of protein...and I think milk contains casein protein.

chris mason
09-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Wild Cat just has a hard-on for ON's stuff. No, Pro-Complex does not have casein and it has 55g of protein in a 68-70 gram serving which is more than double the serving size of Nitrean.

ON = good
Nitrean = better