PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Vitamin

PhilsterT
08-26-2006, 03:48 PM
I had a quick question about the large amounts of servings with the vitamin supplement. Would it be okay to take maybe a 1/3 a serving everyday, or even less (just one pill). I don't want to get excessive amounts of iron in my body because I know that is not good for me. (Women should use iron supplements right?)

chris mason
08-26-2006, 08:13 PM
I had a quick question about the large amounts of servings with the vitamin supplement. Would it be okay to take maybe a 1/3 a serving everyday, or even less (just one pill). I don't want to get excessive amounts of iron in my body because I know that is not good for me. (Women should use iron supplements right?)

Our product contains no iron (Multi-Plus from AtLarge Nutrition).

PhilsterT
08-27-2006, 06:21 AM
Oh, I thought Folic Acid was a type of iron.

But, still, about the serving sizes: my family is concerned with me taking 16 or 50 times the USDA recommended serving of certain vitamins. Would it be a problem only taking 1 pill. (Why are they so high?)

Joe Black
08-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Of course, you can take as little of it as you want. Its 3 pills per day, so you could take 1 or 2...

Bear in mind though, we septn quite a lot of time looking at the amounts to make sure there was enough to make a difference, but also so that it was safe. Remember, RDA's are normally for the average person (that doesn't train hard) and also they tend to be recommended amounts as a MINIUMUM to avoid say falling ill or being unhealthy.

Our general approach with the product was pick the key vitamins and make sure they is enough of them to count. Many other companies tend to just throw in everything at a minmum amount that won't make any difference, but allows them to market benefits of the ingedients.

PhilsterT
08-27-2006, 09:08 AM
That was my feeling as well, but my parents don't think that it's safe. For example, they are worried about diarrhea from too much vitamin C.

What kind of benefits should I be seeing with so much vitamins in there? I'm not as clear about that as I am with protein or creatine.

chris mason
08-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Oh, I thought Folic Acid was a type of iron.

But, still, about the serving sizes: my family is concerned with me taking 16 or 50 times the USDA recommended serving of certain vitamins. Would it be a problem only taking 1 pill. (Why are they so high?)

Folic acid is a water soluble B vitamin.

chris mason
08-27-2006, 09:31 AM
That was my feeling as well, but my parents don't think that it's safe. For example, they are worried about diarrhea from too much vitamin C.

What kind of benefits should I be seeing with so much vitamins in there? I'm not as clear about that as I am with protein or creatine.

The amount of C in our product will not cause the ****s in about 99.9% of it users. Most people can ingest massive amounts of C without experiencing diarrhea. When I was young I did an experiment on myself and found that I can consume about 11 GRAMS of C without having intentinal problems. After that I get the ****s rather bad :o) .

If your family doesn't want you to use the product then you should respect that while you live with them.

Chris