PDA

View Full Version : Full on ~ 2000 cals when I need ~ 3700

cisc0tek
08-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Ok, I have been lifting for about 3 years and have been reading this forum for the last year. My fitday link is below and even though I have only been tracking for a week it is pretty accurate for the last year. The only difference is lately I have been doing a lot more cardio.

Now for my problem. I am still in the high teens for body fat. I want to be ~ 10%. I have always been afraid to cut for a significant period of time because I do not want to lose the muscle that I have worked hard for. I am ready to sacrifice some muscle. I know how to bulk ....I am still having a hard time with cutting.

My question is how do you guys get in 3000 + calories and still keep your macro's in check with the limited types of food you can eat. Before I started working out I am sure I was barely getting 1700 cals. Perhaps my metabolism is still at a grinding halt which is why I am finding it difficuilt to cut this fat. My deficit is too great. I am spending 4100 cals a day and only eating ~ 2000. Im a little lost on the best way to get ~ 3700?

http://fitday.com/webfit/publicjournals.html?Owner=riegerje&Year=2006&Month=7&Day=24

Thanks -Jeff

KingWilder
08-26-2006, 04:26 PM
First of all, don't use Fitday's account of how many calories you're burning...it's crap.

second, what is your actual goal? It seems like you're trying to cut, but you're saying that you are trying to eat 3700 calories a day?

EDIT: just checked your firtday link; if you're trying to up your cals (and even if your not) add in some natuarl PB and some fish oil capsules...you should be getting at least 90g of healthy fats a day

Stray
08-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Good fats and milk are good ways to up your clean cals.

Almonds and cashews always help me out..

cisc0tek
08-26-2006, 08:01 PM
KingWilder -- I have noticed fitday is a little 'off ' with its nutritional info but in regards to the exercise i have entered so far its actually pretty accurate. I wear a heart monitor for workout and cardio so I am sure of how much I am burning. Also, almost all the food I enter into fitday I enter in as custom. Its much easier. I guess I have to find a way to eat 500 -600 calorie meals and still keep a 40 40 20 split.

RedSpikeyThing
08-27-2006, 11:07 AM
KingWilder -- I have noticed fitday is a little 'off ' with its nutritional info but in regards to the exercise i have entered so far its actually pretty accurate. I wear a heart monitor for workout and cardio so I am sure of how much I am burning. Also, almost all the food I enter into fitday I enter in as custom. Its much easier. I guess I have to find a way to eat 500 -600 calorie meals and still keep a 40 40 20 split.

There's your problem, you're doing a percentage split. You're better off to hit your minimums of protein (1g / lb of LBM) and fat (0.5 g / lb LBM), then fill in the rest with whatever you like. Just make sure it's still healthy whole foods.

I would try to avoid tracking how many calories you burn. You can kind of figure it out yourself by means of how much you eat. Find your maintenance - that's how much you burn.