PDA

View Full Version : Cheat meals/days

Slim Schaedle
02-02-2002, 12:06 AM
I like to plan one day a week where I basically eat whatever I want, and large amounts of it. It helps me through the week and gives me something to look forward to after eating good food all week.
I was wondering what everyone else does for their cheat meals. Do you do it when you feel like it, ...or plan it out, etc. Or it is something you only do when bulking?
BTW, tomorrow is cheat day for me

:evillaugh

CBates
02-02-2002, 12:37 AM
When I was bulking I would have 2 cheat days a week. Usually Thursday and Saturday. Now that I'm cutting I'll throw in about 2 cheat meals a week instead of cheat days. Going to be hard b/c this is my first week cutting, and it's going to be hard for me not to eat whatever I want to tomorrow like I have been in the past 3 months.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-02-2002, 04:36 AM
Everyone has cheat days. Me for one.

For tips on the best methods of cheating ask:

Jane 'the fookin swiss ball'
Gino
Yates

These seem to be the best at it, although i have had a day when i prolly got down 15k cals :eek: I'm still unsure how i didn't fall into a coma...

Some have cheat meals once a week. I've tried this, but my cheat days are too extreme and it kinda has negative effects hha.

I now try to space them out as much as possible. I just keep going until i start getting shakes and cravings haha. Done 4.5 weeks so far...

Spiderman
02-02-2002, 05:26 AM
For me they used to be planned, but not really anymore. They sorta just happen. It could consist of me slackin a little bit on one meal, then I say screw it and the rest of the day is a cheat day. :)

Pup
02-02-2002, 05:56 AM
It all depends on the type of diet i'm on, if i'm doing a CKD, the "cheat" day is basically a carb up, so i just eat a lot of sugar and bread. The rest of the week i'm eating hamburger, fish, shrimp, bacon and stuff like that, so it feels like everyday is a cheat day :D

syntekz
02-02-2002, 07:40 AM
Right now, this is the first time I've stuck to a diet perfectly. I'm cheating this weekend for both Saturday and Sunday.

I plan on cheating for 2 days(weekend) every 3 weeks.

Jane
02-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Everyone has cheat days. Me for one.

For tips on the best methods of cheating ask:

Jane 'the fookin swiss ball'
Gino
Yates

lol...thanks CD, glad my skills are finally recognized :)

Cheating I do not plan. Like chigs over here, I take it too far. But I think I once went about half a year without cheating and this was too far in the other direction. Therefore, I have the simple and cliched advice of "find a balance." Good luck :)

TreeTrunks
02-02-2002, 09:29 PM
Subway is my mortal enemy, espeically on chest meals. I can pack 2 foot longs subs away with all the liquid in the world at one sitting. I am trying to train myself to feel sick at the thought of cheating. So far I cringe when I see/smell fast food. I also get extremely depressed when I cheat despite the 100mg of zoloft I take every day. Jsut trying to put that psych class I took in college to work.

Spiderman
02-03-2002, 10:00 AM
For example, yesterday turned out to be a major cheat day for me. I was eatin all kinds of deserts and food at a dance last nite. I topped it off with a large Oatmeal Raisin cookie around 1:15 a.m. and a Bacardi Daqauri. :D

YatesNightBlade
02-04-2002, 02:32 AM
The best week of my life is the week after a comp. Oh my god I go wild really wild. It would shock some people. Cream cakes for breakfast, chocolate all day, pizza everynight sometimes two take aways.

Tryska
02-04-2002, 04:35 AM
hmm....well i have cheat days, and they are days when i eat whatever i want....but i've never been good with the overeating thing...so it's normal amounts of food. I definitely concur that cheat days are good for your mental state though.

MonStar1023
02-04-2002, 06:39 AM
I end up eating a carb-up refeed meal twice a week. Where I eat a huge bowl of spaghetti and 2 scoops of a favorite ice-cream. This is following the Natural Hormonal Enhancement Eating Plan.

:cool::cool:

Slim Schaedle-
I love the quote in your signature.

"You are born small and weak. You die small and weak. What you look like in between is up to you."

:D:D

Slim Schaedle
02-04-2002, 06:55 AM
Thanks man,................Well, I had my cheat day saurday......burger king whopper and a big king and ice cream for "breakfast" (my work day starts at 5pm) Ate crap all night. I like it b/c it makes me realize how sheety my body feels when i eat crap, and why I eat like I do. I still can't help feeling really guilty like I have to burn everything off that day. But hey, it's just once a week for me.

TreeTrunks
02-04-2002, 08:38 AM
I like it b/c it makes me realize how sheety my body feels when i eat crap, and why I eat like I do. I still can't help feeling really guilty like I have to burn everything off that day. But hey, it's just once a week for me.

Isn't it great to have eating disorders? :D (that was not sarcasm) I have the same eating prob. too.

Slim Schaedle
02-04-2002, 08:48 AM
Isn't it great to have eating disorders? (that was not sarcasm)
What do you mean by eating disorders if it wasn't sarcasm? :confused:

TreeTrunks
02-04-2002, 08:51 AM
"I still can't help feeling really guilty like I have to burn everything off that day" Thats what I mean.

nejar462
02-04-2002, 03:49 PM
I don't need cheat days really, but sometimes my mom forces them on me, sometimes my sched gets screwed up and im forced to put in two in one meals and sh*t, and sometimes i need to get formal dinners or stuff, but i dont sched cheat days. lol, cause im not a pansy ;)

CBates
02-04-2002, 04:32 PM
I'm kind of glad winter is about over and my cheat days are pretty much over until next winter. Now I just include cheat meals and carb up days. Every cheat day I'd have during winter, I'd eat everything I was craving and I'd end up sick every cheat day I had.

Slim Schaedle
02-04-2002, 05:35 PM
but i dont sched cheat days. lol, cause im not a pansy
I'm guessing you were kinda kidding around but in my opinion having a cheat day is hardly being a pansy. I think it's about having "fun" once in a while and even being being like "the rest of society" or whatever.

nejar462
02-04-2002, 07:25 PM
nah but seriously, i never had the need for cheat days, do u really hate what u eat that badly? I like tuna and chicken and stuff, i hate fast food, way too greasy, i despise snack food and sweets cause they feel weird. Restaurants take up way too much time and cost too much, so i prefer eating at home.

Slim Schaedle
02-04-2002, 07:31 PM
No, i never said I hate what I eat. But after a week, it's nice to have some different food.