PDA

View Full Version : Body recomposition

Steele
08-28-2006, 06:18 AM
G'day chaps, on WBB1 and it's going amazing, keep smashing my targets and it makes me feel pretty furken awsome. I'm wondering though, what kind of diet i should be on - I am eating the right foods and getting sleep, but i'm looking to reduce my BF% and the amount of fat round my waistline. I've asked this question before, but no one gave a good answer. Should i be slow bulking, or just hitting maintenance macros?

Thanks a bunch,
-Steele =)

Unreal
08-28-2006, 07:43 AM
If your goals are to lose fat, then you should be on a caloric deficit and trying to lose weight.

Steele
08-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Yeah, but won't that put a crimp on strength + mass gains? :(

-Steele

Con
08-28-2006, 08:17 AM
Yes it will, mass(aka muscle) cannot be built on a deficiet of calories.

Steele
08-28-2006, 08:24 AM
My personal belief is that it can with the right macros+timing, but the process is a lot slower. Thoughts anyone?

-Steele

Con
08-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Well after readin alot of mcdonalds stuff, he has the same thoughts as you, but I also believe he also says genetics and luck play a role in it aswell. IMO i think youd be better just cuttin, then bulkin, unless your not concerned with imediate results.

Steele
08-28-2006, 08:51 AM
I've been dieting and watching what i eat for the past 3 years, i don't have a problem with it but it's nice to let slip occasionally. I've also put on an amazing amount of water weight, although this might be due to excess caffiene consumption :$

-Steele

Eszekial
08-28-2006, 09:17 AM
I'm a huge fan of Lyle McD.

I believe in the body recomp stuff.

Unreal
08-28-2006, 09:19 AM
Yes you won't gain mass/muscle, but its far more effective to choose one then the other then try to do both. While you can probably do it slowly (I have been for the past 6-8 months doing that) you'll get to your end results faster by just cutting then bulking, then cutting, etc.

I went to a more slow maintence style because I was dieting hard for 18+ months, lost 100+lbs and was sick and tired of being hungry, so I started to eat more maintence. Still leaning out, but maintaining weight. Now I want to finally get extra lean so back to a hardcore diet/cutting routine.

Steele
08-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Ahh i see man, thanks a bunch =) I'm a bit of a fast results person, but also know that it is subjective, and that 'fast results' in this case will take anything up to 6 months, possibly a year. If i was to cut, would you advocate reducing reps to max out strength gain? And if i did that, would i gain muscle density even on a calorie deficit?

-Steele