PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Figure Out This Whole Timing Of Different Types Of Carbs And Proteins!!!!!!

viperc8
08-28-2006, 10:38 AM
I have been trying to re do my diet for a year now to get the maximum results.. I know my exercise routine is pretty good and I work out hard at the gym but now for the diet side of the equation I need to really figure out what is good and what is not. Ive been trying to read about this carb thing and how there are Low GI carbs and there are High GI carbs that make a difference according to when you take them. There are also different types of protein like whey and casein so here are my questions and my diet. I know this following diet has some problems but this is just honestly what I have been able to do. Also I am trying to bulk up and get as big and muscular as possible.

Wake up at 10pm and Eat 100% whole wheat bagel by Thomas Bagels. I also take a half cup of 1 minute Quaker Oats oatmeal. To cap off the breakfast I take about a scoop and a half of Nitrean and mix it with whole milk.

Then I wait to about 1230 and eat again. I take a pack of perdue boneless skinless chicken theighs and boil them. To eat with that I take a pack of liptons pasta sides which is also made with 100% whole grains which is about 80 g of carbs. I dont eat the whole pack of theighs , I eat about 4 out of the 6 theighs in the pack and save the rest for my dog. Also while eating I am drinking V8 splash fruit juice .

At about 2:30 I take a glass of V8 vegtable juice with 5g of at large creatine 500. I then go to my car and go on my way to the gym. In the car on the way to the gym I eat an apple nutrigrain bar with some beef jerky. Soon as i arrive to the gym which is about 3:30-4pm I take a 1000mg fish oil cap and an atlarge nutrion multi vitamin. I also have a water bottle that has some glutamine in which i drink throughout my lifting.

I come back home from lifting and I take a medium sized red skinned white potato and put it in the microwave for about 6 mins. While that is cooking I take about one scoop of nitrean with whole milk and drink that down. Right after that I take a breyers fruit on the bottom yogurt which is about 45 g of carbs and eat it with a can of pink salmon which is about 35 g of protein. Then i eat the white potato which is about 27 g of carbs and finish off the meal with a medium sized banana. I also take a glass of water and mix dextrose with it and creatine 500.

About 2 to 2.5 hrs later I proceed to eat diner which is usually lots of white rice with some chicken or string beans. I also take a serving of gnc's maximum greens vegtable powder with some water.

And after eating this meal I take about 2 cups of lowfat cottage cheese and mix it with some apple sauce and eat a bowl full of that. Right before I go to sleep I take another 1000mg fish oil cap and an atlarge multivitamin.

I have outlined basically every detail of my diet and I hope someone who is as detailed as I am can break down this diet and maybe fine tune it and re arrange some things according to the different properties of different types of carbs and proteins that I need throughout the different parts of the day. I will not be offended in any way so say whatever you want to say as long it is what you actually think. I would also like to really thank whoever does help me out here. I really appreciate it alot. Thanks again..

Eszekial
08-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Help us help you by providing us more details.

1) Do you track your macros? If yes, please provide them. If no, start. www.fitday.com
2) Are you cutting or bulking?
3) Perhaps lay out for us, exactly where you want more information. Short bullet points would make your questions a lot easier to address.

justagirrl
08-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Wow. That is a lot of food.

1. How many calories is that and how much do you weigh?
2. It takes you an hour to get to the gym?
3. You do not need creatine before your workout - 5g after your workout is enough.
4. Your PWO meal confuses me. Is that 2 meals in one or what? Whole milk has been shown to be anabolic so that's fine but I wouldn't eat the salmon right after, nor the fruitbottom yogurt. The banana is okay but more then 10% fructose in your PWO meal won't do you any favours.

Wow. That is a lot of food.

Built
08-28-2006, 12:43 PM
I have been trying to re do my diet for a year now to get the maximum results.. I know my exercise routine is pretty good and I work out hard at the gym but now for the diet side of the equation I need to really figure out what is good and what is not. Ive been trying to read about this carb thing and how there are Low GI carbs and there are High GI carbs that make a difference according to when you take them. There are also different types of protein like whey and casein so here are my questions and my diet. I know this following diet has some problems but this is just honestly what I have been able to do. Also I am trying to bulk up and get as big and muscular as possible.

Wake up at 10pm and Eat 100% whole wheat bagel by Thomas Bagels. I also take a half cup of 1 minute Quaker Oats oatmeal. To cap off the breakfast I take about a scoop and a half of Nitrean and mix it with whole milk.

Then I wait to about 1230 and eat again. I take a pack of perdue boneless skinless chicken theighs and boil them. To eat with that I take a pack of liptons pasta sides which is also made with 100% whole grains which is about 80 g of carbs. I dont eat the whole pack of theighs , I eat about 4 out of the 6 theighs in the pack and save the rest for my dog. Also while eating I am drinking V8 splash fruit juice .

At about 2:30 I take a glass of V8 vegtable juice with 5g of at large creatine 500. I then go to my car and go on my way to the gym. In the car on the way to the gym I eat an apple nutrigrain bar with some beef jerky.

Ditch the v-8. Protein shake with powdered oats added would be better here. A bit of natty PB won't hurt you in this shake, either.

Soon as i arrive to the gym which is about 3:30-4pm I take a 1000mg fish oil cap and an atlarge nutrion multi vitamin. I also have a water bottle that has some glutamine in which i drink throughout my lifting.
Ditch the glutamine - dextrose or combined dextrose/maltodextrin and whey is good here, dilute. You can have the creatine in this, or just take it dry in your mouth and sip the shake as you train.

Ditch the fish oil for preworkout, but take around 10g over the course of the day to get in 3g combined EPA/DHA.

Don't be afraid to knock back another dex/malto/protein shake right after you train. You could do the creatine in this shake if you like - keep fats away from this one. You want it to digest quickly.

I come back home from lifting and I take a medium sized red skinned white potato and put it in the microwave for about 6 mins. While that is cooking I take about one scoop of nitrean with whole milk and drink that down.
This is fine, or have it ready to slam back in the car.

Right after that I take a breyers fruit on the bottom yogurt which is about 45 g of carbs and eat it with a can of pink salmon which is about 35 g of protein. Then i eat the white potato which is about 27 g of carbs and finish off the meal with a medium sized banana. I also take a glass of water and mix dextrose with it and creatine 500.

About 2 to 2.5 hrs later I proceed to eat diner which is usually lots of white rice with some chicken or string beans. I also take a serving of gnc's maximum greens vegtable powder with some water.

And after eating this meal I take about 2 cups of lowfat cottage cheese and mix it with some apple sauce and eat a bowl full of that. Right before I go to sleep I take another 1000mg fish oil cap and an atlarge multivitamin.

I have outlined basically every detail of my diet and I hope someone who is as detailed as I am can break down this diet and maybe fine tune it and re arrange some things according to the different properties of different types of carbs and proteins that I need throughout the different parts of the day. I will not be offended in any way so say whatever you want to say as long it is what you actually think. I would also like to really thank whoever does help me out here. I really appreciate it alot. Thanks again..

Okay, try this:

10: bagel, Oats, nitrean in milk. 3 fish oil caps.

12:30 chicken, pasta, ditch the juice and Eat some fruit. 3 fish oil caps.

2:30 powdered oats, nitrean, natty PB or some olive oil. Knock it back in the car on the way to the gym.

During workout: dilute nitrean with dextrose or dextrose/maltodextrin.

After workout: nitrean, dextrose or malto/dex, 5g creatine.

back home from lifting potato, pink salmon, yogurt, banana

Dinner: rice with some chicken or string beans. Ditch the greens and eat some more fruit or vegetables. 2 fish oil caps.

After dinner: 1 cup of cottage cheese with applesauce.

Right before bed: 1 cup cottage cheese, applesauce, handful of walnuts, 2 fish oil caps.

Track your macros: total cals, grams protein, carb and fat.

Make sure protein is at least a gram per pound LBM, fat is at least half a gram per pound LBM, fiber is at least 25g per day.

If you don't gain, increase your calories.

viperc8
08-28-2006, 02:13 PM
I am bulking and I want to get as big as possible and Built thanks alot I really appreciate it when someone takes the time out to do some work like that..

viperc8
08-28-2006, 02:14 PM
i still have a few questions , what is wrong wit the glutamine? And what is wrong with the v8 because it is real good juice from what I have heard..Both the vegtable and the fruit. Also wat about the maximum greens??

Built
08-28-2006, 02:17 PM
i still have a few questions , what is wrong wit the glutamine? And what is wrong with the v8 because it is real good juice from what I have heard..Both the vegtable and the fruit. Also wat about the maximum greens??

What’s wrong with glutamine? Nothing. It just doesn't do anything unless you're in a burn unit getting 40g a day in an IV. Waste of money.
I don't drink juice ever. You want fruit or veggies, eat 'em, they're good for you. Fruit juice has too much fructose, no fiber …
Maximum greens - again, eat some veggies. They're good for you. I can't see how some powdered crap is equivalent to broccoli.

viperc8
08-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Alright I see.. You never mentioned in your detailed diet that I should have where the salads and veggies would go.. You just said to eat them..

viperc8
08-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Also wat about almonds and celery in the equation??

Built
08-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Add fats and veggies to any meal except the one or two right after you train.

Almonds are a fat source. Celery is a vegetable.

viperc8
08-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Also wat are powdered oats? And will this really maximize my growth potential of muscle?? I see that you are verry ripped. I want to be somewat ripped but more massive. I weigh around 210 lbs right now and i am 6 feet even. I want to weigh around 225-230. Thanks once again. Any other peoples advice???

viperc8
08-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Well right before you are saying to take down some olive oil and nutty PB. That is a fat source too right?

Built
08-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Indeed. You get that into you about an hour before you train, right?

viperc8
08-28-2006, 07:00 PM
I just want to cover all the groups that need to be covered and use the right type of foods at the right time. I wish i was a nutrionist.. haha So i know exactly how each type of food works.. because there is a difference

viperc8
08-28-2006, 07:01 PM
The gym isnt an hour away , I just wait some time. The gym is about 15 mins away from my house

Built
There is, but it's not nearly as profound as some might lead you to believe.

I suggested the fat in the preworkout shake to slow it down, since you eat it about an hour before you train. This should get cals into you, and let you have plenty of energy for your workout.

viperc8
Also if you have AIM , my sn is viperc8

Built
08-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Not at home right now, but we can try later, k?

viperc8
08-28-2006, 07:04 PM
you didnt answer to wat powdered oats were

viperc8
08-28-2006, 07:05 PM
My food just doesnt seem as diversified , that is why im am skeptical.. But im sure you know more than me.. Also once i get it started i have the motivation to eat the same thing everyday. I dont really care too much for taste..

viperc8
08-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Hope you are still there

viperc8
08-28-2006, 07:16 PM
and ive heard of natty pb but i dont know what that even is... never used it..

Holto
08-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Powdered oats = oatmeal ground in a coffee grinder

Best $20 you will ever spend if you don't have one allready.

Natty PB = natural peanut butter

ddegroff
08-28-2006, 07:24 PM
natural peanut butter, it has the oil seperated from the actual mashed peanuts.

Powdered oats are fine in the shakes you have (or as the shakes built suggested).

EDIT: Holto beat me too it.

viperc8
08-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Alright so I know all the foods. Is there anyone else with any different ideas? I have already gotten good responses which I would like to thank everyone for.. I was also wondering since im really bulking , would I be able to eat like pizza and fast food from time to time?? Just wondering.. Thanks alot

viperc8
08-29-2006, 07:57 AM
I am getting enough fats right?

Built
08-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Track on fitday, and you'll know what you're getting in.
On a bulk, pizza is fine. It's fine on a cut, too, but harder to keep track of what's IN it.

viperc8
08-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Alright well I guess there arent any more people with advice so Ill stick to this new plan and according to built it should work..

Built
08-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Was any stone left unturned, viper?

viperc8
08-29-2006, 10:34 PM
I dont think so and do you really believe that diet is as efficient and as powerful as can be to gain the most muscle without too much fat..

viperc8
08-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Just making sure one last time..

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-30-2006, 12:05 AM
Yes...that diet is efficient.

viperc8
09-05-2006, 01:45 PM
One more thing. Built you wrote in my diet to follow the post workout meal doesnt have any nitrean in it.. You meant it to be out that meal right??

viperc8
09-05-2006, 01:48 PM
sorry i read that wrong , you have two different bullets from after lifting.. The one right after lifting has it in there.. How much nitrean in that one though.. 1 scoop?

viperc8
09-05-2006, 01:49 PM
And also i shouldnt take creatine before Im about to train?? maybe do a 2.5 g before and 2.5 g after??

viperc8
09-05-2006, 01:50 PM
And i havent started this diet yet , because I was out of the country but now i am ready to rockkk.. Just ironing out everything And no loading for the creatine?? maybe 10g and 10g before and after lift

dnelson82
09-05-2006, 01:57 PM
You don't need to load with creatine. It's a waste literally and figuratively. And it really doesn't matter when you take the creatine. At least from my perspective. Follow what Built has told you and you will see noticeable gains in your diet. You have enough info to get started and you will be able to tweak as you see fit. Good luck. Now get eating!
:whip:

ddegroff
09-05-2006, 10:06 PM
How much nitrean in that one though.. 1 scoop

How ever much you need, 1 scoop, 2, 3, or 4. I personally do 2 scoops.

And also i shouldnt take creatine before Im about to train?

Try different ways and see what works for you. Just take in 5g total.

viperc8
09-06-2006, 01:05 PM
what is the difference between dextrose/maltodextrin and dextrose... I cant find it in any stores around me... Which is better and I guess im just gonna have to get it from online...

Unreal
09-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Brew stores, beer making places, wine making places. Powdered gatorade/poweraid is mostly dextrose too so you can use that if you need something to get by till you find a cheaper source.

Read Built's article this month, as it covers dex/malto and all that fun stuff.

viperc8
09-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Built where are you?? You are my savior for this whole thing... I like your detailed and precise answers.. haha.. and how much dextrose or maltodextrin should i be taking in all the times that i do take it. And again wat is the difference between. I cant find your article about dextrose and all of that. And the powdered oats.. do you want me to grind it with something or just use the oats I use in the morning and just swallow them down... Maybe i can talk to you over AIM or yahoo messenger , my aim name is viperc8 let me kno wat urs is..

Built
09-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Read this month's Get Built for the malto/dex question.

Oats - yep, grind 'em up in the blender so they mix better in your shake.

viperc8
09-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Alright , i will do that and seems like I have one last question. you never wrote in your detailed diet for me.. Where do the atlarge multivitamins come in??

ddegroff
09-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Follow the instructions on the bottle.

viperc8
09-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Here is the link I found for maltodextrin.. It says its derived from corn.. This is fine right? I was going to purchase this one.. and also wat about takin the atlarge multiviamin?? no one answered that.. get built im lookin at u. when and how much?

viperc8
09-06-2006, 11:55 PM
http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_item_no013.htm

Built
09-07-2006, 02:04 AM
malto is two dextrose molecules loosely bonded together.

Read Get Built for this month, in Sugar Sugar.

ddegroff
09-07-2006, 09:25 AM
also wat about takin the atlarge multiviamin

FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON THE BOTTLE. I usually split up the dose, one in the am and one more in the pm.

Also, READ THIS (http://wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=274), it's what Built is talking about. Very good just read it.

viperc8
09-07-2006, 10:25 AM
yes i understand that malto is two dextrose loosely bonded together.. But since they separate so easily it really is not advantage to take dextrose over malto right?? And I provided the link of the malto i was going to get.. That is fine , correct?

viperc8
09-07-2006, 11:50 AM
And also if Built you can answer this.. Do I not need to add hard boiled egg whites into this diet equation?? If you can just answer all my questions till now then i think ive tried to cover everything..

Built
09-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Egg whites are protein. Malto has different osmolality from dex. Read the article.

viperc8
09-07-2006, 03:45 PM
and someone I found another question to ask.. Is it ok to boil boneless skinless theighs and eat some of them and then refrigerate them and then take them out the next day and boil them up a little bit to warm them up. I was asking this because I was wondering what is the way to lose the most nutrients such as protein. Can overcooking the meat actually make it void in protein?? Same with a potato that i cook by putting it in the microwave for about 6 mins. Just wondering and was interested in knowing how much nutrition can be lost through the various ways of cooking something.

viperc8
09-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Yes I know that malto has different osmolality , But I cant seem to make a valid conclusion so i hoping you could just bluntly say it. For intensive purposes it seems that they are both one in the same and have slight differences. From what I gathered from the article , those differences are not too great to pick one over the other besides that dextrose is alot sweeter so if u want to add a good amount of it in something , it would be better to pick malto so you wont taste it as much. They would both be great for the times that you outlined for me to take them but malto would be better since its not soo sweett and it breaks apart so easily that it really doesnt matter. RIght??? Correct me if im wrong. And i provided a link of some so I was hoping you could just validate my choice.. Thanks built , I know you are probably so annoyed by now , but thanks..

Built
09-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Viper8, what did your last slave die of?

viperc8
02-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Alright this diet was going very well.. I am just thinking of cancelling out the pink salmon after workout and just drink more protein in the shake to cover the extra protein that i was getting from the salmon.. I just hate eating the salmon.. its just nasty.. haha so is this fine or should i still stick with it? If its better i will still do it..

viperc8
02-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Anyone wanna just give me a quick answer to this..??