PDA

View Full Version : Some followup pics, 15 weeks training.

GoodThings
08-29-2006, 11:36 PM
My first picture post (6 weeks into training) JUN 21
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=81325

---------

Aug30th pictures and info below:

15 weeks into training I've progressed much in strength and numbers. Gained 8 pounds since my 6 week mark, I'm around 153lbs now. I'm not sure I look better in these pics, but I've been feeling better in the mirror?

My lifting numbers have gone up huge on most everything. I'm not sure my shape is showing the difference, but the strength is there. I think I might have gained some fat in those 8 pounds which is hiding some underneath.

Before you all ask - Legs are coming along well but not ready to show them.

My squat and leg numbers as a whole have gone flying, my bench went to working sets up to 245x5 reps (last set), my back/bi exercises have gone flying too. Why am I not much bigger? I should probably start using a measuring tape or something because my own perception is misleading me.

GoodThings
08-29-2006, 11:36 PM
more

GoodThings
08-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Also, if anyone people could give me pose recommedations or a link to posing recommendations it would be appreciated. I figure the earlier I can have a set amount of poses for each month I take pics the better I'll be able to see progress.

McVein
08-30-2006, 10:36 AM
back looks good, im talkin bwt lats......for back double bi pose u wana push the elbows back to show off the rhombs....

just google it.....save everyone time

mikej
08-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Take 6.jpg from your pics from 9 weeks ago from your link, and then set it right next to front1.jpg from these pics... and then tell me you're not getting bigger.

I'd say for only 9 weeks you're doing GREAT! Your chest and shoulders look bigger. KEEP EATING! KEEP LIFTING!

Keep up the good work, I say.

JHolmes145
08-30-2006, 01:55 PM
your not fully projecting your lats when you do double overhead bi poses. it makes you look smaller then you actually are. reminds me of the scene in pumping iron when arnold says little guys dont pose right.

GoodThings
08-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Take 6.jpg from your pics from 9 weeks ago from your link, and then set it right next to front1.jpg from these pics... and then tell me you're not getting bigger.

I'd say for only 9 weeks you're doing GREAT! Your chest and shoulders look bigger. KEEP EATING! KEEP LIFTING!

Keep up the good work, I say.

Thank you. I'm working hard on the eating part, unforunately I think its going to keep my abs hidden for awhile.

GoodThings
08-30-2006, 02:23 PM
your not fully projecting your lats when you do double overhead bi poses. it makes you look smaller then you actually are. reminds me of the scene in pumping iron when arnold says little guys dont pose right.

I'll work on this in the mirror. I just googled some posing advice so hopefully my poses can become more consistent (and therefore comparable to eachother)

Tofer
08-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Well, if you've only gained 8 lbs I don't really know how much bigger you can expect to look. There's not much wrong with an 8 lb gain in 9 weeks, but you could probably do better. 20 lbs in that time was probably not entirely out of reach, since you're somewhat new to the game.

It sounds like your workouts are going fine, especially since you're getting stronger, but you might want to start focusing more on your diet. Bump up the calories, and gain some weight, and then you'll start seeing noticeable changes.

Gabrielle
09-03-2006, 01:57 AM
I think you shouldn't change a thing. Your bodyfat is staying relatively the same and you are gaining size and strength. Right now you are moving at a pace which you can maintain for an extended period, thus you are bypassing the bulk/cut pattern that is usually counter-productive. Sure, you are gaining a bit slower, but you are also gaining a minimal amount of fat.