PDA

View Full Version : Oil packed vs. Water packed Tuna

RedSpikeyThing
08-31-2006, 08:28 AM
Everywhere I've read says to buy water packed tuna, not oil packed. I'm bulking, so I like getting an extra 100 calories here and there whenever possible. Would eating oil packed tuna be a good idea? Or am I better off getting water packed and adding a tablespoon of olive oil?

Eszekial
08-31-2006, 09:41 AM
It's a taste issue at this point.

Do what you like best.

Typically people say to avoid the oil because of the extra cals, but that isn't an issue for you.

manowar669
08-31-2006, 10:11 AM
The oil packed tuna I've seen is packed in soybean oil. Not the best oil IMO. Better to eat the water packed and make up the cals with other things. A better fat if you need the fat, or something else.

Stumprrp
08-31-2006, 10:17 AM
dude get italian tuna packed in olive oil, its all i will ever eat and the taste is AMAZING!! 2 cans and 3 hardboiled eggs mixed together tastes great and is getting u a TON of protien and healthy fat.

bL33d
08-31-2006, 01:46 PM
dude get italian tuna packed in olive oil, its all i will ever eat and the taste is AMAZING!! 2 cans and 3 hardboiled eggs mixed together tastes great and is getting u a TON of protien and healthy fat.

Whoa that sounds good.. Im guessing its by the other tuna?? Never seen it but never looked either :P

BigFergy
09-05-2006, 06:39 AM
whats wrong with good old brine?