PDA

View Full Version : Why egg whites?

gav2006
08-31-2006, 02:18 PM
Why egg whites only, whats with the yolk?

ddegroff
08-31-2006, 02:30 PM
Yolk has the fat and cholesterol. Most have like 4egg whites and two whole eggs. You also have half the protein in the yolk. If you don't have any family history with high cholesterol then you should be fine eating a few whole egg per day.

really depends on how many eggs you eat per day, etc.

El Kelio
08-31-2006, 04:53 PM
1 Egg White :
Fat 0 grs.
Calories 15
Carbs 0 grs.
Protein 4 grs.
Colesterol 0 mgr.
Saturade Fat 0 grs.

1 Egg Yolk :
Fat 5 grs.
Calories 60
Carbs 0 grs.
Protein 3 grs.
Colesterol 213 mgrs.
Saturade Fat 1.6 grs.

Jordanbcool
08-31-2006, 06:34 PM
I've been eating 6 whole eggs a day for months without any problems so unless your cutting.

eat up.

Bob
08-31-2006, 07:35 PM
lots of the evidence out there is starting to point to yolks not being a problem.. I'm still in the middle.. so I use a 3 to 1 ratio... 3 eggs whites to 1 yolk..

Gotta love egg white proteins... nothing builds muscle better.. especially when you combine it with Milk and Nitrean..

Edit: and a side of steak.. lol

D Breyer
08-31-2006, 08:14 PM
I've been eating 6 whole eggs a day for months without any problems so unless your cutting.

eat up.
:withstupi
I've had between 6 and 12 whole eggs a day for the past 3 to 4 months... (although every two weeks or so I'll go buy a couple cartons of egg beaters just to mix it up). No problems here either.

Invain
09-01-2006, 03:26 PM
I thought cholesterol in foods isn't really what makes a person's cholesterol rise, as in just because you are taking in a lot of cholesterol, doesn't meen you'll have high cholesterol.

Stray
09-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Genetics play a large role in cholesterol...

DokterVet
09-01-2006, 06:23 PM
How do you guys separate the whites from the yolks?

seK
09-01-2006, 11:53 PM
How do you guys separate the whites from the yolks?
crack an egg on the edge of a bowl.

Turning the egg upright, carefully open the shell into two halves, keeping the egg in the lower half.

Over the bowl, pour the egg from one half of the broken shell into the other, letting the egg white fall into the bowl, but keeping the yolk intact in the shell halves as you pour.

Repeat until all the white has fallen into the bowl, leaving only the yolk in the shell.

DGabe24
09-02-2006, 08:54 AM
I thought cholesterol in foods isn't really what makes a person's cholesterol rise, as in just because you are taking in a lot of cholesterol, doesn't meen you'll have high cholesterol.

Well said Invain, if people would search they would see that this has been debated time and time again. Not only that, but the majority agree that if you are on a bulk the consumption of high cholesterol foods I.E.: Egg yolks, will not evidently raise your cholesterol.

For anyone who is seriously opposed to this, why don't you just try eating the yolks for a while and get some blood work done? That will prove results.

DokterVet
09-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Can you just hard boil the egg, then seperate the whtie once it is cooked?

seK
09-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Can you just hard boil the egg, then seperate the whtie once it is cooked?
yup

Mercuryblade
09-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Cholestoral is genetic, the only people that have to worry about their chololestoral consumption are people with predisposed cholestoral conditions. The mechanism's behind this are much better understood then when alot of these studies linking cholestoral in eggs to cholestoral levels in people. Hence why such a debate has raged for awhile, but it's pretty much the general consensus that cholestoral is largely dependant on your own body chemistry, and can be worsened by diet.