PDA

View Full Version : 225 bench vid

need4muscle
09-02-2006, 01:36 PM
I decided to try to use the digital camera to tape a video, but unfortunately i thoght about it AFTER my workout today. so i was extremely worn out when I did this. My real max is 240 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb8RrEEz5tg

JHolmes145
09-02-2006, 01:41 PM
i think maybe you could improve by going faster on the way up

cphafner
09-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Please get a spotter before you try that again. You also need to control the weight much better on the way down.

need4muscle
09-02-2006, 03:08 PM
forgive me for not being perfect. It was after my whole workout. and ive been working out by myself for 2 years now, I know how to roll the weight down my stomach and set it on my legs safely.

Beast
09-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Careful, man. You should get a spotter.

Great job, though.

HahnB
09-02-2006, 03:15 PM
That won't help much when the bar slips out of your hand and lands on your neck. I would at least take the collars off the bar. Just get a slower negative going.

WBBIRL
09-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Erm... I dont think anyones going to call bull**** on a 225 pound bench, but the form was shakey at best.

I would have waited until the next session and took a vid in with your working sets.

Post videos is great for constructive critisim. I would love to but sadly I dont have a camera, once my friend (if he even does) starts lifting with me again in feburary Ill get some bench and squat videos up.

need4muscle
09-02-2006, 03:42 PM
ok i'll get a vid of me throwing 225 up with great form next time i workout, and i was really anxious to try out the camera so thats why i did it, and dont tell me you guys all have absolutely perfect form at the end of all your sets

Nosaj
09-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Great strength. I think the point is exactly what you're making need4muscle, you can't expect perfect form at the end of a workout, so don't try and lift your max weight without a spotter, especially on bench press, because it's dangerous. People aren't here to mock or insult you, they are commenting so you don't hurt yourself. Take their comments constructively.

Cra-Z
09-02-2006, 06:34 PM
I don't think there's much more to be said, but pretty nice strength man. Keep liftin' hard, just be smart.

PUMPER
09-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Listen Bro...I posted on a different thread and made comments on your vid...I probably should have posted on this thread those same comments...but I am full of Tequila, piss and vinegar right now and could really care less. Anyhow, I am trying to get this point across, thanks for showing your vid and giving us an honest look into your personal accomplishments. Weight training, Bodybuilding, powerlifing ...whatever is about your own records and goals. I have had guys tell me how much they can bench and said to myself...Wow...thats great...then I see them in the gym and their form sucks ...they are always injured blah blah blah. Keep up the good work, and never try to impress anyone but yourself. Practice good form and good gym ethics, show respect to those in your gym who have earned it for the same reasons and *enjoy* working out. It is all about self improvement and thanks again for the personal look into your goals.
BCOOL
"PUMP"

cphafner
09-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Going "heavy" at the end of your workout is foolish. Lifting with your ego with get your hurt. Rolling the bar onto your stomach and legs isn't exactly a smart alternative to a spotter.

SkinnySadMan
09-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Damn dude you almost got stuck midway !

GoodThings
09-04-2006, 10:30 AM
You need to try some wider positioning with your hands. You obviously struggle at the tricep portion of the lift, so put more emphasis on your chest. I would start with an inch wider on both sides. Also, are you sure you had your hands even on that bar? It would account for the trouble on the one side. I rarely let the bar get that lopsided even on a failing rep.

Work the different hand positions, come up with a better idea for cases of failing (take the collars off, or get a spotter), and work a better 1RM routine, and you are at 250+ easily with the kind of power you are moving the bar with. Slower negative too man, it won't wear you out anymore and its much better. Watch the guys bench 600+, they don't just drop the bar on themselves for the negative.

Cheers

dw06wu
09-05-2006, 08:25 PM
I'm never one to comment on form because I think people are capable of making that decision themselves, but let me just ask you to make sure you don't turn into a bouncing betty once the weight goes higher because you can hurt yourself. That said, good job on the PR. Stick with it and you will only get stronger.

Lastly, it usually helps to max when you are fresh. I'm sure you could move a lot more if your triceps weren't gassed from a workout.