PDA

View Full Version : Ordered me some captains of Crush!! haha!

Goodwinm
09-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Thats right! Ive ordered the trainer and the #1!

All for a very good price aswell!!

Total inc. P&P : £42.85 ($81)

Damn I hope I can close the trainer now :p ..... Im pretty sure I can. I mean its 100lb of pressure. Im sure I could do that and if not i can always train the basted!

Edit: Oh and if you UKer's are looking for somwehere to buy these from. i got em from

www.londonkettlebells.com

Awesome site for all IronMind stuff!

cphafner
09-02-2006, 07:05 PM
CoC's have their place in training. Make sure you don't overuse them. They can be addictive.

VikingWarlord
09-02-2006, 07:59 PM
CoC's have their place in training. Make sure you don't overuse them. They can be addictive.

What's a good guideline for proper use? I'm interested in getting more into grip training and have been looking at them as well.

I was going to be starting a thread about this anyway in the near future, so I'll just steal this one.

cphafner
09-02-2006, 08:19 PM
What's a good guideline for proper use? I'm interested in getting more into grip training and have been looking at them as well.

I was going to be starting a thread about this anyway in the near future, so I'll just steal this one.

I don't think they translate to gym grip strength. I wouldn't train them any differently than other lifts. 1-2x's a week

VikingWarlord
09-02-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't think they translate to gym grip strength. I wouldn't train them any differently than other lifts. 1-2x's a week

That's about what I was thinking. Just doing two sets or so once or twice a week.

SkinnySadMan
09-02-2006, 11:44 PM
1 more months and 5 days until I turn 18.... (CREDIT CARD!!!!)

Can't wait to try them out.

Dinosaur
09-03-2006, 08:55 AM
2-3x a week, no more. Treat it like a heavy compound exercise.

bjohnso
09-04-2006, 12:20 PM

I don't think they translate very well into gym grip strength either. There was a period when I used a pair of grippers I bought and seemed to give my grip a good workout, but when I went back to my regular grip work I was actually weeker. I believe that if you want to get better at holding onto heavy barbells or dumbells, then practice holding onto heavy barbells or dumbells. But that's just my experience, doesn't necessarily apply to everyone.

SaVvY
09-04-2006, 02:26 PM
your grip will generally be a bit weaker if your using grippers through heavy training periods, but this is simply because its too much work for your hand and forearms - with enough rest they make your grip for holding weights stronger, especially if you like to use overcrushing

KevinStarke
09-04-2006, 02:35 PM
They definitelly translate to gym lifts. My grip strength as gotten much better even with static things like deadlifting, shrugs pullups and rows by using the CoCs.

Sybersnott
09-05-2006, 10:21 PM
They definitelly translate to gym lifts. My grip strength as gotten much better even with static things like deadlifting, shrugs pullups and rows by using the CoCs.

I'll second that: a stronger grip means you'll push/pull better and with more confidence. Just be sure to crush that bar when you lift it! :nod: