PDA

View Full Version : (routine Q) If you could have your time over again....

Matt04
09-02-2006, 07:24 PM
hey guys,

My inconsistancy in the gym has been apauling. after about a 10 month lay off from the gym i would like to start the training right from the start.

dont get me wrong, i know that diet is the most important part, and that moving any heavy objects with correct diet will give me muscle gains. But i just want to know the right way to go about it so that i can achieve my goals.

what i want to work on is getting my upper body on par with my lower. I have a thick torso for my size and well developled legs from a decade of sports. so i would want to focus more so on my upper body but still working my lower, especially my calves which are non-exsistant lol.

my question is, should i do a Upper/Lower split, or just hit each body part once a week using a 4 day split( also for legs i was thiunking of using 20 rep squats?)

my goals atm are increased LBM, strength gains with a minimal BF% increase. my goal for the time being ia 165lb at anywhere form 10-12%BF. I am currently 139lb @9%BF at about 5'11".

any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Sontizzle
09-02-2006, 09:12 PM
try WBB1...

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25&pageid=1

Songsangnim
09-03-2006, 03:21 AM
hey guys,

my question is, should i do a Upper/Lower split, or just hit each body part once a week using a 4 day split( also for legs i was thiunking of using 20 rep squats?)

my goals atm are increased LBM, strength gains with a minimal BF% increase. my goal for the time being ia 165lb at anywhere form 10-12%BF. I am currently 139lb @9%BF at about 5'11".

any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Either split is fine (assuming you do compound exercises and keep the sets low). You could also do a whole body routine. Or any of the WWB, BGB or 5x5. There are many routines that produce the results you are looking for.

And yes 20 rep squats are a good idea, but ease into them.

bjohnso
09-03-2006, 12:45 PM
If I had to start over I would start working my legs 6 months before I did anything for my upper body. That way I wouldn't look ****ing ridiculous like I do now.

Matt04
09-08-2006, 11:18 PM
ok so the debate between 1x a week to 2x a week hasnt been resolved.

if this is so, then i mite just do a normal 4 day split with Back/tris Chest/Bis Legs/forearms Legs/shoulders

deeder
09-09-2006, 08:15 AM
If you want to work on your upper body more so than your lower try Built's "Baby Got Back"!