PDA

View Full Version : sunflower seeds?

Detard
09-03-2006, 04:48 PM
well. im sitting here munching on some seeds like i normailly do and i deceided to look at the nutrional info. well it says 180 calories per 1/2 cup. now. for me i probly eat half a cup in 1 or 2 handfulls. so im just wondering if anyone has any experience with eating sunflower seeds and gaining weight form it.

VikingWarlord
09-03-2006, 04:51 PM
well. im sitting here munching on some seeds like i normailly do and i deceided to look at the nutrional info. well it says 180 calories per 1/2 cup. now. for me i probly eat half a cup in 1 or 2 handfulls. so im just wondering if anyone has any experience with eating sunflower seeds and gaining weight form it.

Seeds or kernels? I'll usually chew on seeds at work. Having to get through the shell and take the kernel out takes enough time that I eat them way slower than kernels. I can go through a bag of those in 5 minutes.

teaturtle
09-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Are they any good for you? There is a lot of fat in them too. For a half a cup, it's 180 cals and around 11g of fat..

Also on the ingredients it says there is gelatin. Im a vegetarian, does anyone know if this is from plants or animal?

VikingWarlord
09-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Are they any good for you? There is a lot of fat in them too. For a half a cup, it's 180 cals and around 11g of fat..

Also on the ingredients it says there is gelatin. Im a vegetarian, does anyone know if this is from plants or animal?

Gelatin? In sunflower seeds? My bag of David seeds says "Sunflower seeds, salt".

dissipate
09-03-2006, 11:34 PM
gelatin in sunflower seeds sounds weird.

so im just wondering if anyone has any experience with eating sunflower seeds and gaining weight form it.
sunflower seeds don't cause weight gain - excessive eating does.

leveque
09-04-2006, 06:30 AM
I don't see them as being a weight gainer. They are a decent source of protein though.

the doc
09-04-2006, 08:58 AM
gelatin is an animal protein obtained from stewing dead horses and cattle

Detard
09-04-2006, 09:35 AM
yeah the ingredients say they have whey powder in it. the ones i have now are spitz dill pickle flavour