PDA

View Full Version : Low/no card diets?

Pontifex
09-04-2006, 08:08 AM
What's the general census on this board regarding a low or even a no carb diet on a fat-loss diet (not a cut diet mind you)?

A friend of mine has lost ungodly amounts of fat on a no carb diet and he swears by it. I had him give me the run down of his diet, and this is what he eats.

Breakfast : 150g cheese
Lunch : 3 eggs
Dinner : unprocessed meat, chicken etc., vegetables, tuna, whatever with no carbs

+ min 2 litres of water a day

This is the basic outline he is following every day. He is not starving himself, he eats till he feels full by upping eggs or chicken.

To me it looks like a version of the Atkins diet, where aiming at reaching a keto phase (or whatever that is called).

For me this sounds kinda extreme, it can't be that much cals (i don't have the time to break it down to macros right now).

What do you think?

Also, do you guys have any links to sites that explain the Atkins or a no/low carb diet?

Thanks!

kad
09-04-2006, 08:34 AM
"Cutting" is defined as losing fat on a caloric deficit while attempting to retain as much muscle as possible. Low/no carb dieting approaches can be useful in this regard. The diet your friend uses is SEVERELY low in calories, and protein, and fat, and is asking for a LOT of muscle loss, and probably some health problems. You and your friend both need to read the diet stickies on this board and learn how to set up a proper cutting diet before you continue.

kad
09-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Try this (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=74607) thread for starters.

the doc
09-04-2006, 08:55 AM
for more information, google "natural hormonal enhancement"