PDA

View Full Version : 1st time pics

LibertyDante
09-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Hello All,
I just started working out 6 months ago. I'm currently getting my diet in shape and getting a lot of protein. I am doing a 4 day split routine and three days of cardio. I would like any feedback... Should I be on a cut or on a bulk? My current stats are 183lbs, 6 feet, and around 15-17%. My goal is to be around 220lbs and ripped. :strong: Anyways, Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

Rock Steady
09-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Certainly bulk another 15 pounds before even thinking of cutting. Once you're there, you may way to take a look at your BF% and decide if you should switch courses.

Another thing to keep in mind is that winter is staring us right in the face. Perfect time to pack on a few pounds! Good luck man.

Bob
09-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Bulk dude.. Bulk.
You've got a good base to work with.. and your 6 ft tall.. you could easily add another 15 lbs of quality muscle...

Although, really it depends on your goals... if you want the "swimmers" body, you may want to stay around the same weight... just cut for a while, drop 10 lbs of fat.. and then add 10 lbs of muscle..

Really... it's up to you.. not WBB'ers

Tofer
09-04-2006, 01:43 PM
If you want to be 220 lbs and ripped you've got a long road ahead. I would bulk until your body fat gets out of control, and then cut, and then continue to bulk. You may have to do this a few times to reach your desired goal. 220 lbs with low body fat % is no easy task for anyone.

I could be wrong, but are you Welsh?

LibertyDante
09-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Hehe, Yes. I was born in St. Asaph Wales

Tofer
09-04-2006, 04:07 PM
That's cool. I was born in England, but both my parents and two of my sisters were born in Gwent, Wales. I spent a few years there when I was a child, and visited for Christmas in 2004. Do you still live there?

bloodninja
09-04-2006, 04:15 PM
6 feet and 183lbs is light, go bulk.

Nosaj
09-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Bulk brother, bulk. You have a great base, start lifting big, and eating bigger. The key to your goal of 220 ripped as soon as possible is to eat big right now and pack on as much muscle (who cares about the fat right now). It's winter soon and a perfect time to really bump up the calories and start mastering your diet. Start tracking your daily calorie intake at www.fitday.com if you haven't already and keep asking questions. You look good, keep at it! EAT!