PDA

View Full Version : Cheap rubber plates?

Natetaco
09-04-2006, 12:50 PM
is there anywhere to get cheap rubber plates? I want to get some to practice powerclean form with but everywhere iv looked the are MAD expensive. Are there any used weight places or anything where these are affordable?

MixmasterNash
09-04-2006, 01:20 PM
There is no such thing as cheap, quality bumper plates.

You're luck if you can find a used set in good condition, but they still won't be cheap.

Truly cheap bumpers or fake bumpers (simply rubberized iron plates) will bend in a few drops.

A single 20k plate is likely to run $100 including shipping.

Natetaco
09-04-2006, 02:36 PM
yeah 100% was cheapest i could find for a 45 pound plate. Thats so stupid i dont see why it has to be that expensive. I dont understand why rubber plates are more expensive than metal. well wont be getting any then.

waynedang
09-04-2006, 03:09 PM
These are $125 a pair not sure about shipping. http://www.gillathletics.com/GillItemView.aspx?FSID=WT245R

MixmasterNash
09-04-2006, 03:26 PM
There are issues with those particular Gill plates and I wouldn't order them now.

waynedang
09-04-2006, 08:03 PM
There are issues with those particular Gill plates and I wouldn't order them now.

Just curious whats up with those plates? I was thinking of getting the kettlebells they sell and maybe the bumpers. They are about 45 min from my work and I could save a ton on shipping.

wayne

MixmasterNash
09-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Just curious whats up with those plates? I was thinking of getting the kettlebells they sell and maybe the bumpers. They are about 45 min from my work and I could save a ton on shipping.
There was some sort of mixup with their inventory and they were selling rubber coated plates as bumper plates when they were only for machine use. They bend very quickly. Gill is getting new bumper plates in sometime this fall.

Gill had good service and is addressing the issue, so I wouldn't warn against the company, but just those plates.

Just call before you order those and ask about the plates.

waynedang
09-04-2006, 08:26 PM
OK thanks!

Natetaco
09-04-2006, 09:01 PM
ok wait what are bumper plates? The plates you showed me wayne are just 45 pound iron plates with rubber around them right? Im looking for all rubber, whatever those are called.

MixmasterNash
09-04-2006, 11:31 PM
York, Kraiburg, BFS, and Hi-Temp are all known bumper plate mfgs.