PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on my nutrition/routine?

DJL
09-05-2006, 02:21 PM
I’ve been working on my diet and exercise very faithfully that last three weeks, and I’ve seen some amazing progress. I wanted to share with you folks and get your feedback on diet in general, as I want to make sure I’m doing things right.

I’m working out using the WBB routines and on off days I’m doing abs and some treadmill cardio. I start working out at about 5:15 am, after about 5 minutes of stretching and 5 minutes of warming the body on the treadmill. I work out on an empty stomach for between 45 mins to an hour. Afterwards, I have a piece of fruit (usually a banana), and then have a protein shake and some lowfat cottage cheese (or Grape Nuts, etc.) around 8:30 am. I eat lunch at noon, a snack at 3, dinner at 6, and sometimes a late snack at 9. Then I repeat the next day.

I’m 6’2” and a little over three weeks ago I was 222lbs. This morning I weighed in at 212.5. That’s a good amount of weight in a short period of time in my opinion, but I want to get to 200 before I start bulking.

According to Fitday.com, I’m eating an average of about 2k calories a day and burning about 3.5k. I’m feeling stronger than before, and my body is definitely responding with increased strength, definition, but I’m a little concerned that I’m eating too little. What thoughts here?

I’m averaging this over the course of two weeks: 58g fat daily, 257g (985cal) carbs daily, 211g (844cal) protein daily.

Any tips, questions?

One thing I need to improve on though is my sleep. I've been averaging only 6 hours a night...

Unreal
09-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Eat before the gym. Working out on an empty stomach isn't good. Especially if it is when you wake up. Fitday is useless for caloriies burned, just ignore that number.

DJL
09-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Why is working out on an empty stomach bad? Btw, I drink a lot of water during the workout. I just can't get myself into eating something at 5am...

Unreal
09-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Your body is in a catabolic/fasted state after waking up. By working out in this state you are not working out as efficently as you could, and not lifting as heavy as you should. Plus it probably makes cortisol levels rise. Drink a shake. Takes 30 seconds and if you can down water, you can down some dilute whey/dex.

DJL
09-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Alright, thanks for the tip Unreal. Do my caloric intake and macros look okay in your opinion?

Built
09-05-2006, 02:50 PM
You could even try sipping a shake DURING your workout. Read this month's Get Built for details on this.