PDA

View Full Version : Finished the cut. Time to eat my face off!!!

Keith
09-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey all, I havent posted anything here in a long time becuase I decided to take some time and just read as much as I can whether it was through this site or others, and books.

I didn't seem to make much difference from my last bulk. I dropped 10lbs and I'm at a estimate of 8%. Agree?

For me, cutting is very easy and bulking is incredibly hard. I dont know what I will have to think about while I'm throwing down the last of my meal but it's hard as **** for me and incredibly frustrating to maintain well over my maintenance cals! I just dont have the appetite and stomach to throw down alot of food. I eat very slow, this may have something to do with it, but this bulk I currently just started is going to really have to make some change compared to my last bulk. My goal is to get up to 170 by roughly May. I'm currently sitting at 150lbs. Any suggestions on some mind techniques or what not? And feel free to throw out any comments of all types (- the smarta$$ comments of course :thumbup: )

Keith
09-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Here's more, if your bored. :p

kad
09-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Nice job man, looking quite impressive. For your bulk you could try the typical 2000 cal weight gainer shakes people seem to like around here. I believe there's a few recipes over in the diet & nutrition forums.

kad
09-06-2006, 11:32 AM
The pics didn't show up in your second post. Did you forget to attach them?

Keith
09-06-2006, 11:37 AM
I attached them. I just checked again.

Anyone else having this problem?

Keith
09-06-2006, 11:39 AM
And yes, I think I may try the 2000cal shakes. Some what easy to put down, and quick to make. Ill take a look at the recipes sometime. Thanks for the advice bro.

tdotteg
09-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Great progress! and good luck with your bulking:thumbup:
btw how tall are you?

Keith
09-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks dude.

5'9".

kad
09-06-2006, 11:54 AM
They show up now. I guess they were awaiting moderation. :)

getfit
09-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Looks like the cut went very well.Well done!

Keith
09-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Thanks getfit!

Comments are very much appreciated.

Stumprrp
09-06-2006, 12:31 PM
very lean keith nice job on the cut, like u said its time to pack the heat!!! hows the big 3?

Tofer
09-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Your back and calves look great. Good work. I'd also say that you look bigger than 150 lbs. I figured that maybe you were like 5'5" or something when I was looking at them, before I saw your post about being 5'9".

I think bulking starts out being incredibly easy, but as your maintenance intake increases as you gain weight, it becomes incredibly difficult. I have gained 35 lbs on my current bulk, and it boggles my mind how much I have to eat now just to stay at my current weight. Adding even more food in order to gain weight is becoming a serious chore, and I pretty much feel sick all the time. I seriously cannot wait to start cutting. In my bulks in the future I'll probably aim for no more than 15 lbs. Good luck with getting those 20 lbs by next year. As already mentioned, the easiest way to get calories is with shakes. Oats, peanut butter, whey protein, whole milk, olive oil... It's not even bad at first, but four months later... ugh.

Keith
09-06-2006, 12:44 PM
very lean keith nice job on the cut, like u said its time to pack the heat!!! hows the big 3?

Haha, hows the big 3 you say?

Lets just say, ill stick with bodybuilding. My strength is depressing especially my squats. I plan on making a thread about squats and why its stuggling so much after so much time. I also plan on taking some videos of the big 3 on here because I dont get why its so weak. I train with almost text book form and incredible intensity. I gotta get them up on here so you guys can see for yourself. I don't understand why its lacking so much. I literally squat 135 for 10 reps max. :(

Like I said, ill stick to bodybuilding.

Keith
09-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Your back and calves look great. Good work. I'd also say that you look bigger than 150 lbs. I figured that maybe you were like 5'5" or something when I was looking at them, before I saw your post about being 5'9".

I think bulking starts out being incredibly easy, but as your maintenance intake increases as you gain weight, it becomes incredibly difficult. I have gained 35 lbs on my current bulk, and it boggles my mind how much I have to eat now just to stay at my current weight. Adding even more food in order to gain weight is becoming a serious chore, and I pretty much feel sick all the time. I seriously cannot wait to start cutting. In my bulks in the future I'll probably aim for no more than 15 lbs. Good luck with getting those 20 lbs by next year. As already mentioned, the easiest way to get calories is with shakes. Oats, peanut butter, whey protein, whole milk, olive oil... It's not even bad at first, but four months later... ugh.

Everyone always says the same, I look so much heavier than what I really am.
At the beginning of my bulk a year ago it was easy for me too, I gained a solid 30lbs with keeping a low bf%. Now its unbelivably hard! But only time will tell.
And yes, gotta keep up with the shakes! I think thats the only way.

cphafner
09-06-2006, 01:07 PM
you have a very solid frame to build upon. You remind me of a lighter version of myself. I wouldn't be quick to rush gains. There is a difference between gains and good gains. You start to start from the bottom up. Your legs have a ton of room to grow. Hit the squats and deads big time!

Keith
09-06-2006, 01:12 PM
you have a very solid frame to build upon. You remind me of a lighter version of myself. I wouldn't be quick to rush gains. There is a difference between gains and good gains. You start to start from the bottom up. Your legs have a ton of room to grow. Hit the squats and deads big time!

Couldn't agree with you more.

For this bulk I'll be using Bill Starr's 5x5 routine so squatting will be happening 3 times a week. This is something I MUST bring up because its starting to depress me. Deads and bench keep improving but theres just something about squats that gets to me...ill be going heavy in an hour and a half from now and already I'm scared lol. Not really but as much as I really do love them they frighten me or something..

Stumprrp
09-06-2006, 01:19 PM
bro dont worry about it, you look good and thats what bodybuilding is about.

Keith
09-06-2006, 01:23 PM
bro dont worry about it, you look good and thats what bodybuilding is about.

I know, but then again, what guy out there, TRULY wouldn't wanna be strong?

As happy as you can be with your body, your going to want it all including strength. When I'm saying my strength sucks, it really does.

As far as I know at the end of my cut, my big 3 was this:
Bench: bar: 175 5x5 dumb: 70 5x5
Squat: 135 5x10
Dead: 215 5x5

c3p
09-06-2006, 02:37 PM
very nice man! what is your current bf%? also, how much do you rep with on bench? I am sort of like a mini you, in a 15 year old body. :newbie: haha

Con
09-06-2006, 05:23 PM
I hate you, thats all you need to know....

Now to be serious, you cut seemed like it went great. Congratz. How long did cut for?

Should be cool to see some progress pics of u 3 months down the road. GL

Keith
09-06-2006, 08:00 PM
very nice man! what is your current bf%? also, how much do you rep with on bench? I am sort of like a mini you, in a 15 year old body. :newbie: haha

Thank you. As I stated in my first post my bf% is 8 give or take 1. I used calipers which I know aren't the most accurate way to find out but accurate enough for progress use.

How much do I rep with on bench? Well like I said I'm currently using a 5x5 method with 175. Is this what you mean by your question?

WORLD
09-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Looking great bud.. Time to eat and eat and eat and eat .......and squat... and sleep... and repeat! lol
Btw whos that hansome young fellow in the background of one of the pics?:clown:

Keith
09-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I hate you, thats all you need to know....

Now to be serious, you cut seemed like it went great. Congratz. How long did cut for?

Should be cool to see some progress pics of u 3 months down the road. GL

Haha, why do you hate me? I'm guessing becuase of my body type?

Thanks for the comments. My cut lasted about 3 months, but it was a HORRIBLE cut lol, never tracked cals at all and was starving throughout my cut about 385723 times. The only thing I tried to keep up was carb cycling and still consuming a high amount of protein to maintain as much muscle as I could. But there were many days I went WELL below 20% of my maintenance cals. But this bulk, and next cut I WILL take very seriously because I'm very interested in what I can make out of this.

And I will also keep you guys updated with some pics down the road. I do take pics every 3 months or so, so maybe then I'll post some again.

Keith
09-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Looking great bud.. Time to eat and eat and eat and eat .......and squat... and sleep... and repeat! lol
Btw whos that hansome young fellow in the background of one of the pics?:clown:

Hahaha lol yaa.. I can't forget to repeat.

And I don't know who that is in the background? Maybe he will make a thread and let everyone know how well his cut went? :p

Sidior
09-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Really lean, back is especially impressive man. Sounds like you will enjoy this bulk.

Keith
09-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Not sure if I will "enjoy" this bulk, but I gotta do my absolute best to gain at least 20lbs to 170lbs.

TwiloMike
09-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Lookin' solid there. Nicely done and the legs aren't bad at all. Time and effort will add to ya.

Keith
09-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Lookin' solid there. Nicely done and the legs aren't bad at all. Time and effort will add to ya.

I'm wondering if the legs are lagging at all...not the greatest shot of them, but from what you see, does anyone think they are?

SpecialK
09-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Looking good dude:thumbup:

I would just caution you against "eating your face off" because if you ultimately want to have that lean look, every unnecessary pound of fat you add while carelessly bulking is one more you will eventually have to cut off later;)

Rock Steady
09-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey all, I havent posted anything here in a long time becuase I decided to take some time and just read as much as I can whether it was through this site or others, and books.

I didn't seem to make much difference from my last bulk. I dropped 10lbs and I'm at a estimate of 8%. Agree?

For me, cutting is very easy and bulking is incredibly hard. I dont know what I will have to think about while I'm throwing down the last of my meal but it's hard as **** for me and incredibly frustrating to maintain well over my maintenance cals! I just dont have the appetite and stomach to throw down alot of food. I eat very slow, this may have something to do with it, but this bulk I currently just started is going to really have to make some change compared to my last bulk. My goal is to get up to 170 by roughly May. I'm currently sitting at 150lbs. Any suggestions on some mind techniques or what not? And feel free to throw out any comments of all types (- the smarta$$ comments of course :thumbup: )

Look'n ripped man - nice cut. Definitely time to eat! I bet you could hit 175-180 before feeling like you really had to cut. In the words of Starsky: Do it.

Built
09-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Okay, the bad-ish news: you look bigger than you are because your legs are lagging a little, BUT you're working on this, so there's no shame in this, believe me.

The good news: really nice shape, killer taper, side chest is a GREAT shot (SWEET bicep veinage!) as is the flexed seated pic.

Very nice work.

This bulk, concentrate on the leggies - you'll LOVE how much this will bring up your whole physique.

Keith
09-07-2006, 10:54 PM
SpecialK- I definately agree with you and thats why I was questioning on making this thread the title that it is because its not what I will be doing. Its just a thought in mind that I need to keep in me at every waking time during this bulk. I have a very hard time with bulks but I will be taking it seriously and relatively clean. Thanks for the response!

RockSteady- Thanks bro. I dont intend on bulking to 180 this bulk because I know if I manage to get to that weight through this bulk Ill be way too unhappy with my bf%. I think 170 is a good goal for me before I become upset with my bf. Keep in mind ive never been used to a high bf% throughout my whole life so seeing more than 15% will really depress me, as much as you guys cut up abs, its something I must see.

Built- Just the person who I wanted to comment to my thread because I used your program while being on this cut. I had a feeling I look heavier than what I am because of the wheels...but people ALWAYS guess 170-180. That's a big difference and I didn't think my legs could be THAT out of proportion. Just wondering if there could be another reason why. Thanks a ton for the compliments, makes me feel so good being at only 150lbs and getting comments like these. My personal fav is my double back bi shot, my back has never looked so huge, I definately brought that up during the cut. BGB really improved my back big time...and I was cutting!! And I'm definately concentrating on the wheels this bulk, I can't WAIT to see what I can make of them. Squatting 3 times a week on Bill Starr's 5x5 program will be quite interesting!

On a side note, anyone whos contemplating of trying out BGB to add thickness or width to their back...try it out, I guarantee you'll be satisfied with the results!

Built
09-07-2006, 11:55 PM
You've got really good pipes - good peak, makes you look bigger. A little extra muscle on the upper carries a LOT of perceived size - you're not THAT out of proportion. And I'm SURE that 5x5 with squats 3x a week will go far this bulk.

Thanks very much for being such a great ambassador for my split and cutting paradigm!

TwiloMike
09-08-2006, 06:19 AM
I'm wondering if the legs are lagging at all...not the greatest shot of them, but from what you see, does anyone think they are?
Hmmm... having looked at them again I may have gotten overexcited that you didn't have puny legs. They're not huge, but I guess they could come up a bit to catch up to the rest of you. I don't think that they are drastically out of proportion, though.

f=ma
09-08-2006, 10:38 AM
looks good man, nice and solid

personally i'd lose the ear ring. pretty fruity

Keith
09-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Built- I agree. IMO I believe that I do have good proportions except for my wheels which is exactly what I will be working on this bulk so I can't wait to see what happens... Thank you. :)

TwiloMike- I agree also with you. I don't think they're drastically out of proportion either. Which makes me think why do people guess I'm at least 20lbs heavier than what I really am? Could anyone take a shot at that?

F=ma- Thanks dude. And thanks for the fashion tip, but I get compliments from both guys and gals on it all the time. Personally I think it suits me both hoop and stud, but who knows, maybe I will see it your way down the road. But for now, I like it so that's all that matters.

Built
09-08-2006, 11:04 AM
I like the earring!

I think your muscle bellies have a good shape, and that makes you look bigger because this increases the size of the circumferences.

There. That's my theory.

Any other takers?

Keith
09-08-2006, 11:25 AM
I like the earring!

I think your muscle bellies have a good shape, and that makes you look bigger because this increases the size of the circumferences.

There. That's my theory.

Any other takers?

Lol.

Muscle bellies as in abs? If so, I actually dont like them, upper portion is so defined compared to the lower part. I really want to have a visible 8 pack by the end of my next cut. It's visible if I lay down, but not standing.
I love your perspectives lol.

Built
09-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Muscle bellies are the most bulgy portion of the muscle - big muscle bellies in the bis, for example, give "peak".

Keith
09-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Muscle bellies are the most bulgy portion of the muscle - big muscle bellies in the bis, for example, give "peak".

Weird, never knew that.

Are muscle bellies based primarily on genetics then?

TwiloMike
09-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Built, did you just make that up about the bellies? It sounds so silly I want to keep saying it to everyone.

*flexes* Look at my bellies!!!!

Sidior
09-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Built, did you just make that up about the bellies? It sounds so silly I want to keep saying it to everyone.

*flexes* Look at my bellies!!!!

lol at twilo

ya she didn't make it up at all

McIrish
09-10-2006, 10:46 AM
keith you got a helluva back double bi. When I saw that you were only 150 lbs (I originally thought 160-170) I figured you'd be in the 5'5-5'7'' range. I'm with the rest of the peanut gallery here - stack on 20 more and you'll be sick. You got a great base to work with here.

Keith
09-10-2006, 08:19 PM
keith you got a helluva back double bi. When I saw that you were only 150 lbs (I originally thought 160-170) I figured you'd be in the 5'5-5'7'' range. I'm with the rest of the peanut gallery here - stack on 20 more and you'll be sick. You got a great base to work with here.

Thanks alot bro. :)

Since I have no more newbie gains left in me, this bulk will be much harder than lasts. Nevertheless, I'm still going to give it my all. Like ive said before, don't know why I look alot heavier than what I really am, I really don't think that's all from the wheels either, I mean they're not THAT out of proportion are they? Any suggestions to why this is guys?

Gabrielle
09-11-2006, 03:58 PM
looking good my friend. You look more like 10% but that is me being picky. You seem to have your ish together. Pack on the muscle

Keith
09-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Thanks Gabrielle. It was tough to say what bf% I am for sure. I'm only going by calipers. You could be right.