PDA

View Full Version : I need some serious help.

Ricochet1990
09-07-2006, 12:54 AM
OK. Here's the situation. I am a 16yr old Male weighing in 75kg. I want to lose body fat but gain muscle mass and I know that you can't do both at the same time. Problem is I dont know which one I should do first, should I cut first, or should I gain muscle mass first? (My opinion) Wouldnt it be easier for me (because I just love food) to gain muscle mass first (also I have access to whey), because after I gain muscle mass, it would be easier for me to lose body fat later on? Thanks!

dissipate
09-07-2006, 03:31 AM
you can go either way really, both have their advantages and disadvantages. if you need to be lean ASAP then cut first. if you don't mind bulking up a bit then bulk first. if you think you want to give recomposition a shot then eat at maintenance.

RedSpikeyThing
09-07-2006, 08:46 AM
I would start with a slow bulk. Since you are new to the bodybuilding scene, you will likely undergo some body recomposition and/or gain lots of muscle without gaining much fat. Shoot for gaining about 1 lb/ week and see how that works. When you think you're too fat, start cutting.

Ricochet1990
09-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Actually ive been lifting weights for about a year now and Ive gained some muscle mass since then and the whole "beginners gain muscle really quickly when they start body building" has already happened, but it has slowed down lately, and thats when I decided to set my mind on one thing: either build up muscle or lose fat.I just dont know which one comes first.

RedSpikeyThing
09-08-2006, 08:17 AM
How tall are you? That will help put the 75 kg in perspective.

Anthony
09-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Eat at maintenance or slightly below with GOOD habits. Proper amounts of fat, protein, and carbs, etc, etc.

Focus on improving your strength AND conditioning. Lift heavy, sprints, etc.

If you want to look like an athlete, train like one.

RedSpikeyThing
09-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Eat at maintenance or slightly below with GOOD habits. Proper amounts of fat, protein, and carbs, etc, etc.

Focus on improving your strength AND conditioning. Lift heavy, sprints, etc.

If you want to look like an athlete, train like one.

Damn Anthony, you always have the best advice - honest and straight to the point.

Ricochet1990
09-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Im about 168-170cm in height

Holto
09-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Do what Anthony said or do a cut.

Goodwinm
09-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Im about 168-170cm in height
Got a very solid starting base man! Im curently at 77kg and im 5ft 5-6 just like you and im pretty big built. Lift heavy man! and keep on eating good food!!