PDA

View Full Version : How much is too much?

macspost
09-08-2006, 08:45 AM
I am bulking at the moment and I know the main advice is "always eat as much as you can" (of good food of course) but...

At the moment Im a little over 170lbs and I'm consuming about 3000 calories a day and gaining about 2lbs every week fairly steadily. I could definately eat more than I am at the moment though and I'm wondering whether I should or not. If I eat more will it just go on as fat or will it help the muscle gains? Should I stay eating at this level until the weight starts to level off and then increase the calories?

Spourk
09-08-2006, 11:08 AM
from what i've read on here , i'd say just stay at where you are if your gaining, wait till it starts to slow down then slowing add more calories as needed.

growthrep
09-08-2006, 11:32 AM
2lbs a week.. probably a fast enough pace and probably a large majority of that is fat. Watch you BF and health.

heathj
09-08-2006, 01:25 PM
If you want to eat more, do it. Watch the changes in your body composition (fat, muscle) and if you gain more fat then you want, lower the cals back down. All in moderation though, don't just start eating 1000 calories more than now.

ancom41
09-08-2006, 01:56 PM
at 2lbs per week.. I dont know if id suggest eating any more than you are.. thats 8lbs per month.. thats alot of weight.. alot of fat..

macspost
09-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Do you think 2lb a week is too fast then? Obviously I could eat less too. I don't just want to gain a load of fat and then have to go straight back to cutting again but I thought I was supposed to be aiming for a gain of 1-2lbs per week?

Mercuryblade
09-10-2006, 12:56 PM
The "eat as much as you can" philosophy is resultant of the fact that alot of people who are trying to bulk usually just aren't eating enough, despite the fact they think they are. If you are putting on 2lbs a week, you don't need to eat anymore.