PDA

View Full Version : metabolism

RSB
09-08-2006, 09:52 AM
First off hello everyone, i dont know if anyone remembers me but i used to post on here a while back, but got really busy and couldnt really post college.

Okay i have a serious problem that i have tried remedy on my own, but have been unable to do so. See when i was in high school i a fat blob i mean bad fat i was 5 feet tall and 220 lbs, well i got tired of being the fat kid. So i did some stuff that im not proud of but i became the owner of a eating disorder. And on this eating disorder i would only eat like once a day and go to the gym for like 5 hours a day now i know this is bad, but i finally got out of this slum on my own and worked up to eating more food, the only problem is that i have a really really slow metabolism now cause i threw it out of wak and that is my problem i cant get it fix. I mean it could be in my head cause i know i have a severly critical inner voice, which sucks ass but i feel like it is so bad that if i eat to much in just one day or even one meal that i gain weight witch i know is impossible to do because it takes 3500 to gain a pound of fat.

Some info that might help in answering this question for me.
height= 5'8
weight=163
bf%=not sure posted picture(maybe can give some idea)

i have been using fitday and this is my average day
Total: 1214
Fat: 35 315 28%
Sat: 5 41 4%
Poly: 9 84 7%
Mono: 14 123 11%
Carbs: 70 189 17%
Fiber: 22 0 0%
Protein: 158 633 56%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Thats from three meals and it is all from whole foods not protien suplements or anything.

I know the pic isnt very good but it has been along road to get where i am and it is a everyday constant uphill battle, and maybe it will always be this way but what i am wanting to do is try and speed up my metabolism, then bulk up at least 20 lbs.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post and any feed back is welcome, I appreciate feedback from anyone, but i would really like built if you could post on this subject because i remember you being a walk talking diet dictionary of information.

Thanks again all. :nod:

Built
09-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Your calories are about half what they should be.

Maybe even less than half.

Please see an endocrinologist and get your thyroid checked.

Built
09-08-2006, 10:03 AM
In the meantime, try increasing your calories to 1300 for a week or two, then to 1400 ... this is a VERY slow process. Keep lifting heavy, add in a small amount of cardio if you feel it might help you (I mean 20 minutes of walking after your workouts - nothing major).

Can you try that? Increase the carbs first, they'll help stimulate your thyroid a bit. Once the carbs are over your bodyweight in grams, increase fat until it's at least 70g a day. Then increase protein, then anything you like.

RSB
09-08-2006, 10:07 AM
first thank you for the reply built.

Second yes i can do that i will give it a try and see what happens it sounds like a good plan. Cant wait to get started cause im tired of living this way. :mad:

Built
09-08-2006, 10:45 AM
No kidding.

But go see an endo promptly. Even your GP might be helpful - depends on the doc. But get that test.

RSB
09-11-2006, 11:26 AM
thank you again built, and everyone for atleast takin the time to read over this. I really apreciate it, i was wandering if its not to much trouble could you guys maybe look at that pic i posted an maybe give me any idea of my bf % thank you guys. :)