PDA

View Full Version : 3 Month Gains and a TON on questoins

c3p
09-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Alright guys, I started lifting about 3 months ago and I weighed aprox. 112 pounds. Now three 3 months later I am up to 130 lbs and I have not noticed a lot of changes in my body fat percentage. So I am drawing a conclusion that I have gained about 18 pounds of muscle. Is this even possible? haha Anyways, Here is some pics that I took about 10 minutes ago.

http://www.kapsoft.net/upload/files/me1.jpg
http://www.kapsoft.net/upload/files/me2.jpg

What do you think my body fat percentage is? I currently have 12 inch biceps and It was probably about 10 or 11 inches before I started lifting. There seems to be an amount of undesirable fat on my stomach and also on my pecs, which I am determined to get rid of. Please don't try to convince me otherwise, I know I have made gains and I would like to seem them clearly. I can see my "sixpack" if I just stretch down the skin toward the bottom of my stomach and the same thing applys to my pecs. I have noticed that many kids my age that play sports, do not have a problem with body fat and can see there "sixpack" ands pecs easliy like I would. Here is a picture of my friend, he plays baseball: http://myspace-350.vo.llnwd.net/00784/05/31/784651350_l.jpg
This is what I am aiming for and I will take my mind off it not matter what. Do you think the cardio from baseball is just what keeps him lean? I know for a fact he does not know anything about nutrition so he just eats whatever he wants. Also, what do you think his body fat percentage is?

All in all, I am going to go on a cut so I can get the satisfaction of seeing my gains. When I go on a cut, should set up a calorie deficit and have a cardio program for 5 days a week and have at least 110(my LBM) grams of protien everyday?

I know that was alot of questions and such but I thank you in advance for answering them. :)

Kyle

sharkall2003
09-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Well, if you're going for that look you should probably starve yourself........

c3p
09-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Please no sarcasm....

TwiloMike
09-09-2006, 10:08 AM
I don't think that a cut will do you any good at this point. Gain some serious muscle first. Hit 150 and then think about cutting.

c3p
09-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Thanks your input TwiloMike, but like I said before nothing will change my mind about cutting. I am determined to do it, and I am seeking advice and knowledge on how to make a successful cut.

Invain
09-09-2006, 10:18 AM
The point everybody is gonna try and make c3p is, a cut now will do you no good. If you want to look like your friend, you'll never get there by going on a cut. He is a little bigger than you, your gonna have to face the fact that you need to gain more before you think about cutting.

Paul Stagg
09-09-2006, 10:21 AM
What exactly is your goal? Do you want to look like your friend?

You are making solid progress. Stick with the basics, keep on getting bigger. Diversify your activities - maybe you should take up a sport?

You've got a good base to build on.

c3p
09-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the advice Invain and Pual Stagg. I think I might postpone my cut until a another month or so, but I will definitely not start a bulk cycle.

sharkall2003
09-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Okay, do you know how to gain muscle mass and look lean? Usually, when you're as skinny as you are (please take no offense, because I am kinda skinny too) you have to gain mass. This is usually done through a mild bulk. A mild/moderate bulk is one in which you eat slightly over maintenance calories and you then cut after you reached a specific weight. Much of the weight that you gain during a bulk, assuming that you eat well, and train hard is muscle. Then when you go on a slow and mild cut you will gradually lose weight but if done properly you will hopefully lose fat and not nearly as much muscle. By doing this you will obtain the look you are striving for plus a few pounds of extra muscle maybe across the legs, back, shoulders, arms, chest, mid section ect.

PhilsterT
09-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Starve yourself...all the cool kids do it.

Invain
09-09-2006, 12:15 PM
PhilsterT: seriously man, he asked for no sarcastic comments. How hard is it post something constructive?

c3p: I'd stronly suggest what sharkall was talking about. I understand your worried about gaining even a small amount of fat, and you feel you already have more than you should. So; a nice slow clean bulk would be perfect for you. You don't have to go crazy and strive to gain 10 pounds in a month. Track your calories on http://www.fitday.com and make sure your eating slightly over maintenance. Eat as clean and healthy as possible, and stick with your lifting. You'll come along, it's just gonna take time.

TwiloMike
09-09-2006, 01:28 PM
If you cut now or even in a month you will most likely end up looking seriously smaller than your friend, the reason being that you hadn't built enough muscle yet. When you cut you will likely lose some muscle along with the fat, which means that you have to gain more muscle than your friend to end up looking like him after a successful cut. I hope this is more clear. If I were you, and I know you won't like me saying this, I would do a clean bulk, like Sharkall suggests, this means you gain just a bit of fat but you still eat over maintenance so you still build quality muscle. You won't have that much to cut if you do a clean bulk. Research the nutrition forums for clean bulking.

PhilsterT
09-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Sorry.

I think you should eat more. You look very thin. (Tell your friend he needs to eat more too.) I think you will be surprised at the changes your body will make if you just deadlift, squat and bench while eating well. Don't be afraid to put on the poundage.

(Tell your buddy to pull up his shorts, or at least telling him that sagging boxers is so passe.)

Edit: I guess those are trunks, huh. Up them as well.

Edit: No they arn't...

McVein
09-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks your input TwiloMike, but like I said before nothing will change my mind about cutting. I am determined to do it, and I am seeking advice and knowledge on how to make a successful cut.

its called wannabebig, not wannabeahungerstriker...

i understand you want to see yout results, but you have to have something to cut to...

you said you think you have gained 18lbs pure muscle....so you are saying you have gained no fat, so what are you cutting???

you will be disapointed if you cut....seriously, keep up the good work..bulk bulk bulk....until you cant bulk anymore....aaand try a lil cut....

good luck

Hockey66
09-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Honestly, if you cut now you won't look anything like your friend. You need a bit more LBM.

You'll probably end up looking something like CC in the March 2004 pics:

http://img158.exs.cx/img158/9687/mostmuscular4cu.jpg

McVein
09-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Honestly, if you cut now you won't look anything like your friend. You need a bit more LBM.

You'll probably end up looking something like CC in the March 2004 pics:

http://img158.exs.cx/img158/9687/mostmuscular4cu.jpg

wow, those are some serious gains..... in such a short time, who is that?

Hockey66
09-10-2006, 03:26 PM
wow, those are some serious gains..... in such a short time, who is that?

Canadian Crippler, he got banned though.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=67978

And here's a recent pic: http://profile.ak.facebook.com/profile2/50/14/n1656690202_26997.jpg

McVein
09-10-2006, 03:32 PM
not bad,

whyd he get banned?

Ricky Bobby
09-10-2006, 06:34 PM
I think at your age if you keep lifting heavy and go on a slight clean bulk your body fat issues will work there way out as you grow. your going to get taller these next few years .

PhilsterT
09-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Why he get banned?

Invain
09-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Wait.. Crippler was banned? When?

BalancedMan
09-11-2006, 02:37 AM
You know, I've always been pretty skinny (or at least compared to everyone else). No one would have thought that I was 6'1 and around 180lbs. I went up to around 193ish this summer and feel that I have better definition of my abs. My abs have always been pretty good due to my body fat level, but they look even better now that I have been bulking for a bit.

My advice is to keep bulking for a bit, but really try to watch the diet so that you don't gain too much fat. Once you're ready, slim down and be ready to show off the abs. What are you doing for ab exercises...crunches and/or weighed ab exercises?

My guess is your friend has lower bodyfat than you, but at your age that has a lot more to do with nutrition and genetics than exercise, assuming that you have been moderatly active. But, from personal experience man, bulk up and get some muscles so that you can shred the fat and look ripped. I moved back into my fraternity today and I feel great becuase everyone (including the girls who have stopped by) have noticed me getting bigger this summer.

Oh yeah, and girls like the big strong guys much more than the "skinny" ones, regardless of what they say. Just let that sink in and add to your motivation.

cosmicdebree88
09-11-2006, 02:46 AM
You need to build some more muscle dude plain and simple. Your friend may look leaner to you but he actually just has more muscle and a slightly lower bf%. What you should do is bulk up a little bit to build a little muscle and then when you're bigger than your friend cut down again.

On a side note, why do you want to look like your friend? Why not out do him by being bigger and leaner?

WBBIRL
09-11-2006, 08:00 AM
It would seem your friend is a few inches taller then you are, having said that it would be easier for you to look better then him at a lower weight.

Think "Big Picture" here. The first 16 or w/e pound bulk for CC did him a huge ammount of justice... he looked gothic and skeletor like at 143... much much better at 159 and really started to fill in at 185+ and once you get to where he's at in his last pic you can either cut or do body recomposition.

One things for sure, you need to put on some mass. I know guys who would kill to put more mass on and have a hard time doing it, yet you are aginst it???

Lean mass helps in every way, increases BMR decreases bodyfat (more muscle weight plus no more addtional fat weight = lower BF %).

Make it easy on yourself, bulk 30-40 pounds and then see where you sit. But dont just shovel garbage down your throat to get calories. You gotta eat clean and lift heavy.

c3p
09-13-2006, 04:42 PM
It would seem your friend is a few inches taller then you are, having said that it would be easier for you to look better then him at a lower weight.

Think "Big Picture" here. The first 16 or w/e pound bulk for CC did him a huge ammount of justice... he looked gothic and skeletor like at 143... much much better at 159 and really started to fill in at 185+ and once you get to where he's at in his last pic you can either cut or do body recomposition.

One things for sure, you need to put on some mass. I know guys who would kill to put more mass on and have a hard time doing it, yet you are aginst it???

Lean mass helps in every way, increases BMR decreases bodyfat (more muscle weight plus no more addtional fat weight = lower BF %).

Make it easy on yourself, bulk 30-40 pounds and then see where you sit. But dont just shovel garbage down your throat to get calories. You gotta eat clean and lift heavy.

could you specify more on what is "clean" and what I should and should not eat

You know, I've always been pretty skinny (or at least compared to everyone else). No one would have thought that I was 6'1 and around 180lbs. I went up to around 193ish this summer and feel that I have better definition of my abs. My abs have always been pretty good due to my body fat level, but they look even better now that I have been bulking for a bit.

My advice is to keep bulking for a bit, but really try to watch the diet so that you don't gain too much fat. Once you're ready, slim down and be ready to show off the abs. What are you doing for ab exercises...crunches and/or weighed ab exercises?

My guess is your friend has lower bodyfat than you, but at your age that has a lot more to do with nutrition and genetics than exercise, assuming that you have been moderatly active. But, from personal experience man, bulk up and get some muscles so that you can shred the fat and look ripped. I moved back into my fraternity today and I feel great becuase everyone (including the girls who have stopped by) have noticed me getting bigger this summer.

Oh yeah, and girls like the big strong guys much more than the "skinny" ones, regardless of what they say. Just let that sink in and add to your motivation.

I 25 situps with a 25 pound plate on my waist, 3 sets of that. then I do 25 leg raises, or w/e you want to call them, 3 sets as well. any suggestions for obliques?

SpecialK
09-13-2006, 04:58 PM

He isn't banned anymore. Check his profile - he last visited today. My guess was he was banned at one point, and never bothered to change his user title back from 'Banned'.

Detard
09-13-2006, 06:42 PM
hey dude. for obliques, train your abs the same way you train any other muscle, SETxREPS... lower reps builds strength and size, but higher reps helps to improve muscular endurance. gain 25 pounds, watch your lifts improve, then go on a cut. why on earth would you want to be 120 pounds? alot of people can curl that weight....

Beast
09-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Months ago.

Al3X
09-13-2006, 09:04 PM
It's quite simple. If you want the look that your friend has, you have to have the body underneath the bf to cut to. In order to get that you must have more muscle mass ontop, so that you can acheive the look that you desire.

Clean Bulk, and then Clean Cut.

* Easier said then done *

Hockey66
09-13-2006, 09:31 PM
He isn't banned anymore. Check his profile - he last visited today. My guess was he was banned at one point, and never bothered to change his user title back from 'Banned'.

He's still banned.

deeder
09-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Say what? When did Crip get banned? And what for?! I missed it completely! Lol!

bL33d
09-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Looks to me like u need to keep lifting weights and just do and assload of crunches and situps. You cutting makes no sense what so ever.

Hockey66
09-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Looks to me like u need to keep lifting weights and just do and assload of crunches and situps. You cutting makes no sense what so ever.

Don't do an assload of crunches and situps. Do a few heavy sets of a weighted ab exercise.

McVein
09-15-2006, 03:39 PM

why would you do an "assload"?

c3p
09-15-2006, 06:16 PM
I rather do:
3x25 Sit-ups (25lbs on chest)
3x25 Leg Raises
3x15 Oblique Bridges

Would this be considered a high or low amount reps, I am aiming for size and strength more than endurance. I can already kind of see my abs, since I have around 13-15%.

Gabrielle
09-15-2006, 10:01 PM
You are only 5ft 7 and weigh 130 lbs, think about it. You are pretty lean, probably in the 12% range. You have a good balanced upper body, but what about the legs? I would keep bulking if I were you until after Christmas. This way you can plan how many months till summer and diet accordingly. Put on some more weight bro.

cts122
09-16-2006, 01:54 AM
I am about an inch taller than you and 60 more pounds at a lower BF, take my advice, start hitting compound excercises, You may be intrigued by the idea that if you drop 10 ponds you might be able to see your abs, but trust me buddy, in the end no one is going to care including yourself. You obviously want to make changes otherwise you would not have found this place.

I would not worry about eating clean so much but stay away from food you know is bad like candy or most fast food. Aim for 3000 calories a day with 600 of those calories coming from protein sources (150 grams). A full weight training routine added to your normal schedule is a big change and even with the surplus of calories your body will recompose itself in the next coming months and you will put on muscle and your bodyfat will still likely decrease.

Regarding ab workouts, you may not want to but they really arent necessary and can be dropped form you workout. Compound excercises like deadlifts will target most of your body's major muscle groups including your abdominal muscles. If you really feel it is necessary to keep them for personal reasons, then keep 3 sets of 10-12. Use as much weight as you can for this amount of sets/reps.

235orbust
09-19-2006, 07:26 PM
there is nothing to cut really,you have a full 6 pack, you cut again and youll be back where you started

Hockey66
09-19-2006, 07:52 PM
there is nothing to cut really,you have a full 6 pack, you cut again and youll be back where you started

I don't see the six-pack, but there is still no need to cut because he will look like a twig.

Andre3000
09-19-2006, 10:00 PM
I rather do:
3x25 Sit-ups (25lbs on chest)
3x25 Leg Raises
3x15 Oblique Bridges

Would this be considered a high or low amount reps, I am aiming for size and strength more than endurance. I can already kind of see my abs, since I have around 13-15%.

Thats high reps dawg, try to be more around the 10 rep range and makeo your motion slow and deliberate.