PDA

View Full Version : Caloric intake

Powdered_Power
09-09-2006, 11:37 AM
After an extended period of not having access to a gym I had to cut my last bulk way too short after only gaining +- 10 lbs. But since 2 weeks I can get back into a gym and Im determined to make this bulk work incorporating everything from a better split (wbb1 is doing me just fine for the moment) and properly working on my diet. Im aware of the "rule of thumb" that says 25kcal for every lb of bodyweight and ofcourse I know all the right foods to shovel down, but what I do not understand is how do they take into account what activities you do all day? I mean my job is far from being physical as I sit around answering e-mails and phonecalls for 40+ hours a week with little exercise besides hitting the gym 4 times a week. If anyone knows any way of finding out how many cals you burn with a job like this or has any general advice I would appreciate it!

kad
09-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Don't use the 25cals per pound of bodyweight. Calculate your OWN maintenance calories. Track your calories for a week using fitday, and if you don't gain any weight, that's your maintenance. Then add 10-20% to your caloric intake per week until you start gaining.

edit: and make sure you get at least 0.5g/lb LBM in fats and 1g/lb LBM in protein.