PDA

View Full Version : this is what i look like now, i need some help to get where i want to be!

prep_it_up
09-09-2006, 02:19 PM
hey guys, i just started lifting, running etc. To start off i am only 15, 16 in october, and i have been chubby all my life and finally want to make a difference. For the past 5 days i have worked out for at least 45-1hr and at least rollerbladed or ran 1 mile per day. As i am new to this i want to know what i should be doing to get the result i want. I weigh 160lbs and for some reason i look really fatter in these pics but o well. BTW, yes i know i have man boobs, but the doctor thinks its hormone related so i am seein a special doctor on thursday.

I have also been trying to keep myself on a no junk food diet with lots of salads and other greens with some meat (usually only meat at dinner)

here is me (sorry for such bad ugly pics of my fat body lol) I also just got back from a run so i look like crap:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/kawirider04/3-1.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/kawirider04/2-1.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/kawirider04/2-2.jpg

this is what i wanna look like:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/kawirider04/c39_jpg.jpg
^^^^ i wanna look either like left or middle dude, not as thin as the dude in the middle, but i want some tone especially pecs wise, and i wanna be flat with some tone on my abs. And biceps are biceps.

i obviously need to lose weight, but i need some help on tips, info, etc.

any help would be great guys and pls don't laugh:cool:
AND REMEMBER I HAVE ONLY BEEN AT IT 5 DAYS!

prep_it_up
09-09-2006, 02:26 PM
btw i wanna get some good tone and some fast fat loss and some fast muscle gain in the next two months because i was goin to florida (near miami beach) for a week during X-Mas break

drew
09-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Diet is going to be your #1 priority. Read the stickies in the diet/nutrition section.

You're also going to want a solid lifting routine to start off with using heavy compound movements (squat, bench press, deadlift, pullups). Check out the WBB1 routine or the BGB program (both listed on the main page of this site).

As for turning you into a black dude, I'm sorry but we can't help you. :D

Get to reading, and come up with a plan, use the search function and ask specific questions. You'll get plenty of help. Good luck and lift something heavy.

care_bear
09-09-2006, 02:32 PM
hows about you just take up soccer...thats how they got their physique

prep_it_up
09-09-2006, 02:33 PM
hows about you just take up soccer...thats how they got their physique

lol its from a movie

Tofer
09-09-2006, 03:15 PM
When I look at this now, I don't really think their physiques are overly impressive, besides their having a ripped mid-section. When I first started out that's pretty much exactly how I wanted to look too. I think by hanging around this place the "wanna be big" attitude kinda rubs off on you. You start to worry more about having big legs, a big back, big shoulders, chest... The abs are kinda just the finishing touch which I don't plan on shooting for until everything else is up to par.

TheGame46
09-09-2006, 03:21 PM
while not overly impressive on a bodybuilding forum, the rest of the world finds these body types aethetically pleasing, and there is a large group of people that desire this look.

It is a much easier level to obtain than a bodybuilder physique.

Hockey66
09-09-2006, 03:30 PM
When I look at this now, I don't really think their physiques are overly impressive, besides their having a ripped mid-section. When I first started out that's pretty much exactly how I wanted to look too. I think by hanging around this place the "wanna be big" attitude kinda rubs off on you. You start to worry more about having big legs, a big back, big shoulders, chest... The abs are kinda just the finishing touch which I don't plan on shooting for until everything else is up to par.

I agree, I came here wanting to look good for girls.

Now I want to look like a freak. (Not a Ronnie-esque freak, but much larger than an average guy)

sharkall2003
09-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I agree, I came here wanting to look good for girls.

Now I want to look like a freak. (Not a Ronnie-esque freak, but much larger than an average guy)

Didn't we all? I remember how I wanted to go from 185 lbs down to 165 lbs. Now I weigh 210 lbs and I want to get to 230 lbs. Hmmmmm, incredible.

cosmicdebree88
09-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Didn't we all? I remember how I wanted to go from 185 lbs down to 165 lbs. Now I weigh 210 lbs and I want to get to 230 lbs. Hmmmmm, incredible.

Actually, I came here wanting to look like Arnold and other big action movie type guys. I thought that the way to do that was to get a big chest and big arms. Now, I understand how to train and diet properly and I don't really want to look like anyone else... I just "wanna be big" lol

Hockey66
09-09-2006, 04:16 PM

I started at 145 lbs. and I said I'd be happy at a lean 165.

I'm now 215 and probably going to 220 - 225 before cutting again. I love it.

prep_it_up
09-09-2006, 04:32 PM
i don't wanna be huge, but i really just wanna lose some weight and gain it back in muscle. I don't wanna be arnold huge but i wanna be toned, kinda that athletic look, so basically should i just stick to workin out alot and doin stuff like benchpresses, and running and stuff to gain muscle and lose weight?

also if i stick to a good diet and maintain my exercise, do you think i could acheive somewhat of my goal (not ripped abs, but somewhat toned pecks and biceps with also a flatter midsection than what i have now)?

sharkall2003
09-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Toned? What the hell is that? I take it you want to be defined. Anyways, you need to develop a fullbody routine in order to gain muscle most quickly. I'd suggest WBB routine 1 with thirty minutes of cardio after every workout. Of course, no routine will really effectively help you meet your goals unless you have a good diet to go with it. Read what a bodybuilder eats and base your diet mostly off of what they have there. If it's not applicable to your lifestyle I would suggest cutting out candy, chips, soda and other sweets while eating lots of vegetables and low fat meats. Good luck.

prep_it_up
09-09-2006, 04:40 PM
how long should WBB Rout. 1 take before the 30 mins of cardio?

McVein
09-09-2006, 04:53 PM
those guys arent really the best examples of physique.....all of them are lacking in different areas...

the middle guy has chicken legs, the guy on the left has ars like strings..and check the crappy posture on the other guy...must have a pussy back

sharkall2003
09-09-2006, 06:01 PM
how long should WBB Rout. 1 take before the 30 mins of cardio?

Depends on how long of a rest you take inbetween sets how quickly you do the sets, if you add in anything ect. And it really shouldn't matter how long it takes. You should always designate a certain amount of time solely to lifting.

miken5254
09-09-2006, 06:04 PM
You to be very focused in your diet. Start working out for a while on maintenence calories, like around 2 weeks. Then start cutting calories. When you reach a level of thinness you are fine with, start bulkin, and then cut again. After this you will look better than those guys.

drew
09-10-2006, 12:09 AM
WBB1 generally takes about an hour for each day. Cardio is for keeping your heart and lungs in shape, not for losing fat. That's what diet is for.

prep_it_up
09-16-2006, 08:09 AM
hey guys, i have been cuttin the calories and losing weight for the past about 2 weeks, both my parents and other have agreed that i have lost weight, i am working out everyday or every other day depending on how much homework i have, when i go to miami in december i'll show you the update, thanks for all the advice guys!

Antonious
09-16-2006, 10:04 AM
not me, I got huge...now I just want little muscle and low bodyfat.

Natetaco
09-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Those guys honestly dont look like they workout at all, except for conditioning and running. Thats what I sorta looked like after I started wrestling and before i started working out.

mickyjune26
09-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Prep it up,
Do you have a WBB journal yet?

Read, read, read all the posts for beginners and always ask for help if you are stuck.

Learn how to enjoy the process. What do you love about exercising and eating right? What do you hate about your previous lifestyle?

Most importantly, don't quit. Eating right for 6 months and quitting for 3 will not work.

If you change your lifestyle, AND learn to enjoy the process, you will achieve your health goals.

prep_it_up
09-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Prep it up,
Do you have a WBB journal yet?

Read, read, read all the posts for beginners and always ask for help if you are stuck.

Learn how to enjoy the process. What do you love about exercising and eating right? What do you hate about your previous lifestyle?

Most importantly, don't quit. Eating right for 6 months and quitting for 3 will not work.

If you change your lifestyle, AND learn to enjoy the process, you will achieve your health goals.

no journal yet, don't seem to have the time, right now i am really concentrating on losing weight and gaining small amounts of muscle frequently, i like the lifestyle i am living now, no more junk food isn't a problem anymore and i eat 3 square meals a day and i am happy, being on th emotorcycle and playin games and chillen wit friends helps me keep my mind off of food if i need to.

Anyways, i haven't been following the workout plans/routines posted here but basically i have been doing bench press, flys, and curls (all freeweights) so i can get some muscle before i go to miami in the last week of december. Any other tips? exercises?

and again i still at least run or roller blade 4-5 times a week.

Al3X
09-16-2006, 07:54 PM
If your lifting to your fullest extent, you shouldn't worry about running 10x miles, rollerblading, sports... pushing your body in the gym is the fastest way to do it. But, what you put in your body, is what you get out.

Ricky Bobby
09-16-2006, 10:45 PM
You should really add squats and deads to your routine. These 2 exercises will help transform your physique like no others

Al3X
09-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Any routine should follow the Golden 3 Compound Movements:

Bench, Deadlifts, and Squats.

Sug
09-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Same here, I came to this board at 130lbs seeking help to get to be "not skinny" and gained 20lbs. Then a year later another 10lbs, then this year 10+currently bulking. Now my goals are to break 200 and keep going, totally changed my perception on what built or buff was when I signed onto this board.

f=ma
09-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Any other tips?
prepare to be disappointed without adding squats, back and shoulder work

prep_it_up
09-17-2006, 08:24 PM
prepare to be disappointed without adding squats, back and shoulder work

what are u talkin about?

powerrack
09-17-2006, 08:29 PM
what are u talkin about?

He's basically telling you that the results you want can be obtained quicker and easier doing squats,deads,etc.

SkinnySadMan
09-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Eh...you could probably half ass everything but put just a little extra effort on your dieting and you could even look better than those guys.

mickyjune26
09-18-2006, 08:43 AM
I agree on the squats, mil press, and bb rows. My biggest and quickest strength and muscle gains have come while doing the big'n'heavy lifts.

The more muscle, the more fat that is burned while sitting around. That's what I love about getting bigger. It burns fat when I'm not even doing anything.

Eszekial
09-18-2006, 08:46 AM
I kind of think their physiques are gross (the 3 soccer players). Everything sucks but the abbs.

Powdered_Power
09-21-2006, 06:55 AM
I would cut out the rollerblading and all that crap bro, just keep to a diet and use the compound lifts as mentioned before (deadlift, squat, bench). You will start losing fat if you keep to this diet and contrary to popular belief, weightlifting will burn plenty of cals.