PDA

View Full Version : Protein mixing

BostonBull
09-10-2006, 06:52 PM
I have been buying premade shakeslately because I am away from home working on a jobsite usually nowhere near a store. I find it a lot easier to have 2-3 shakes a day premade than having to tote around 2-3 small tupperware containers of powder, then mixing and cleaning my cup with my days supply of water, and then all the claories from milk.

I was using powder from Trueprotein with the BSLflavoring. I just hate them with water and hate myslef for the needless calories I get with them when I mix them with fat free milk for the flavor.

I admit I am lazy but I honestly need something I can drink right from my cooler a few times a day and not have to do the dishes on the jobsite and waste 10-15 minutes just to mix another one.

Suggestions?

RedSpikeyThing
09-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Buy several shaker bottles and put the powder in them before you go to work. That way you don't have to do dishes. Nitrean tastes pretty good with just water, so you could give that a shot.

Unreal
09-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Like RST said, just get a few shakers, add the dry stuff to them, then add water, shake, drink. If it takes you more then 1 minute to make/drink and be done with it, then your doing something wrong.

SuperTerrorizer
09-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Optimum Nutrition whey mixed with water is great.

BostonBull
09-11-2006, 02:20 PM
The multiple shakers is a great idea, but again I have to carry all these shakers with me in either my lunch box, or my gear bag.....then wash them all every night. If this is my best option then I will go with this. Do any of the powders listed come in pre measured envelopes to get away from carrying tupperware with me? Also which of the above have the best nutrients in them? Low fat, low carb, vitamins and minerals mixed in? Low cals?

Unreal
09-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Just put the protein in the shakers. No need to carry tupperwear. Just put a serving of opticen or nitrean in each shaker. Maybe some powdered oats for fiber/carbs.

Holto
09-11-2006, 03:06 PM
The multiple shakers is a great idea, but again I have to carry all these shakers with me in either my lunch box, or my gear bag.....then wash them all every night. If this is my best option then I will go with this.

I personally think it's the most reasonable option. The alternative would be RTD's which could be 6-10x the cost. I use an arsenal of Nalgene type bottles. I rinse them after I have my shake and I find it very easy to clean by the time I get it home.

RedSpikeyThing
09-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Where do you work that carrying 3 or 4 nalgenes is such a problem? As for the powder, you put it in the empty bottle then add water when you want to drink it.

BostonBull
09-11-2006, 04:13 PM
I climb trees on the end of a crane ball all day. I carry a small cooler on the truck with me and 3 other guys. Theres no real room for me to carry all this stuff with me. If I can get envelopes of powder I can mix it in the water 20 oz. bottles we get at work.

malkore
09-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Optimum Nutrition whey mixed with water is great.

Agreed. Nitrean (both flavors) are also hella tastey in water, or milk.

Holto
09-12-2006, 05:45 PM
I climb trees on the end of a crane ball all day. I carry a small cooler on the truck with me and 3 other guys. Theres no real room for me to carry all this stuff with me. If I can get envelopes of powder I can mix it in the water 20 oz. bottles we get at work.

Put the powder in a ziplock bag.

RedSpikeyThing
09-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Put the powder in a ziplock bag.

And make/buy a funnel to put the powder into the bottles at work. I use the top of a Coke bottle.

malkore
09-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Oh, and nitrean doesn't really cling to hard plastic, like my shaker uses. So to clean it, I just rinse twice, then fill with clean water, shake, rinse and then dry.

on weekends i take it home and give it a dishwasher cycle.

Holto
09-14-2006, 04:18 PM
I use the top of a Coke bottle.

That is gold right there.

I didn't come up with this one until I got my Nalgenes. You can cut a funnel that is exactly what you need by sectioning one of those bottles.