PDA

View Full Version : Calorie consumption

Drew84
09-11-2006, 02:22 AM
About 4 weeks ago I decided to finally get my diet in order and began compiling a list of foods. I've been with it for about 3 weeks and hadn't had time to track everything until this weekend. Below is the list of everything I consumed today, which is in no particular order as the meals have varied a little day to day, but the items stay the same.

1 lean beef sirloin patty (about 6oz)
1 baked potato
1/2 can of corn (substitute with green beans some days)
1 yogurt (6oz)
skinless chicken breast (10oz)
2 protein shakes (mixed with milk)
6 hard-boiled eggs
5 cups of whole milk (not including the milk mixed with the shakes)
fat-free sliced turkey on whole wheat bread
1 banana (usually vary fruits between bananas, grapes, apples, and stawberries so cals/carbs will differ)
3 bottled waters

I totaled this up to about 2400 calories, 207g of protein, and 185g of carbs. To me thats quite a bit of food but obviously way short on calories. I'm not quite sure what my maintenance is, but I haven't gained weight so I assume I haven't surpassed it. I'm 175lbs so I'm content with the protein intake but the carbs are probably a little high. So, what's a simple way for me to pile on another 1000+ cals without resorting to some junkfood here and there? I know it should be easy and I really thought these meals would add up to more, but they didn't.

McIrish
09-11-2006, 04:09 AM
Looks like shakes are going to be your friend - throw in some oats, banana, milk, protein powder, and peanut butter (ahhh, it's the key!), blend up, and house one down before bed. You could easily get another 800-1000 calories in there with a reasonably sized shake.

RedSpikeyThing
09-11-2006, 12:20 PM
- Add a tablespoon of Olive oil to each shake -> 200 calories
- Eat another burger
- Add cheese to said burger
- Eat salad with an oil based dressing -> 100-200 calories + it's good for ou ;)
- eat regular turkey, not fat free
- throw in 1/2 cup peanuts -> 400 calories
- don't be afraid of eating too many carbs

Also, you should eat more fruits and veggies...the are good for you.

Drew84
09-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Another question somewhat along the lines of my original post....

My fats are coming in at about 105-110g which is a little higher then I'd like. My biggest sources of fats are milk, eggs, olive oil, and peanut butter. What needs to go and what do I need to replace them with to keep the calories but cut the fats?

RedSpikeyThing
09-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Fat doesn't make you fat. As long as you have your minimum amount of of protein and fat, which I assume you are getting, then you will be fine. All of your sources of fat are natural and contain healthy fats (Assuming it is natural peanut butter).
Now if you are concerned because you have a pre-existing medical condition, that's a whole other story.

Either way, you can reduce your fat intake by ditching the olive oil. Add in some oatmeal or tuna or something.