PDA

View Full Version : Board Press alternatives

RedSpikeyThing
09-11-2006, 12:34 PM
I want to start doing board presses to help train my sticking point. The problem is the gym I go to doesn't have any boards and they won't let me bring any in. I originally thought that pin presses would be ok, but I read that they aren't as good. Are there any good alternatives to board presses?

Darracq
09-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Get some bands. They work awesome

Anthony
09-11-2006, 12:55 PM
It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission. Just bring in the boards and go to town. :D

Bohizzle
09-11-2006, 12:59 PM
It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission. Just bring in the boards and go to town. :D
:withstupi

MixmasterNash
09-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah, if you asked already, that was your first mistake.

Bands sort of, but not really, work in the place of board presses. Rack presses are a closer sub.

JustinASU
09-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah, if you asked already, that was your first mistake.

Bands sort of, but not really, work in the place of board presses. Rack presses are a closer sub.

If anything I'd say bands and chains could be interchanged. Board presses are kinda their own thing since it's a limited ROM. Closest you could come is floor presses or pin presses.

Sensei
09-11-2006, 08:10 PM
A towel/carpet press (w. a rolled up towel/carpet) would be a substitute, but the bar will sink into it. A hardcover book might work, but I've never tried it...

RedSpikeyThing
09-11-2006, 08:22 PM
I think I might try it with some plates on my chest. The 45s would be thick enough, but they would get heavy real quick. Meh, I'll give it a shot.

drew
09-11-2006, 08:54 PM
If they won't let you bring boards, they certainly won't let you bring in bands or chains. Bring a small gym bag and put the boards in it. Use that for your board presses.